Tom Cable???

Humble_Beast

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I agree, you have to put better pieces around him but he's also paid like a guy who needs to make players around him better. 

I'm a Carr guy and I'm critical of multiple things. He made stride in Gruden's offense, but still isn't playing at or near the level he should be expected to play. He's not playing like a franchise QB. 

Right now... he's playing within Gruden's offense. He's not excelling in it. There is a big difference. He's on a short leash, he needs to elevate his game in year 2.

I'd trade him for the right price. But it'd have to be a big time value given the uncertainty of this 2019 QB class. 

Could not agree more.  A lot of people think we are saying he is garbage and make the decision right now.  We just expect more from him and are willing to give him some more time to improve.  We are just not satisfied or sold that he will live up to his contract or be the answer.  He is a 15-20 QB making $25 million.  Now will he go up in the rankings with time and a better surrounding cast? Yes!  But is it enough to want to keep him and justify the contract?  I do not know but am leaning towards probably not.  But I could very easily be wrong.

12 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

I would give him some weapons this year and try to evaluate him. Mayock said he would need to to do that before truly evaluating him. Next years qb class is much better anyway.

This is true, which is why his value in trade would be higher this offseason for a team like say the NY Giants. 

Hypothetical.... get good value in a trade. Sign a guy like Tyrod for 2019 (because it's a rebuilding year anyway), draft a QB this year and possibly next with all the assets. 

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is true, which is why his value in trade would be higher this offseason for a team like say the NY Giants. 

Hypothetical.... get good value in a trade. Sign a guy like Tyrod for 2019 (because it's a rebuilding year anyway), draft a QB this year and possibly next with all the assets. 

Damn I agree with that, if he has a bad 2019 then Carr will be in Blake Bortles territory, NO VALUE

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Hypothetical....What kind of free agents could we pick up with no QB? We had players retiring through the season and looking to be traded because of the mess we were in after Mack, now without a QB and no home, how can we attract decent free agents? 

58 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What is good value? A 2nd? Because i'm not trading a 1st if i'm the Giants, to many holes on that roster that Carr and his big contract will not fix.

My take on Carr is dont throw away old shoes before you've got new ones. 

First of all the odds of ending with a Andrew Walter is substantially higher then a Carr.

Second of all, we could have had a prime Tom Brady and we still would have lost most games this season.

Build the team, and improve on qb like the chiefs did, not by ditching abd then starting to look for a replacement

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

A friend and I had a convo the other day. First off about Cable. I don't know if he is just stubborn or what but he seems at every stop to be adamant about zbs or at least zbs based. Regardless of the strength of his players.

On Carr. The value is here this yr. The team is the Giants. If they offer a 19 and 20 first you almost have to do it. Not to mention for a QB ots most probably 2 first as well as other picks. Secondly. People say what QB? Eli...Eli would maybe be who we went after. He's a vet which Gruden likes. And he can be around 1 to 3 yrs as a stop gap.  But honestly if that offer was made you know we take it. And I feel certain Gruden tries to get Fitzmagic.

17 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

So happy her 15 seconds of fame are over. Good riddance.

I dislike both for different reasons. I just wish Cable was gone 51 sacks is beyond unacceptable. Our run game was ok but pass protection was non existent. He leaves his trademark everywhere he goes....... the OL gets worse until he is fired

Archived