Tom Cable???

Humble_Beast

I'm going on a rant....  Let's say Tom Brady was traded to the Raiders this last offseason, with the talent we have everyone would be saying Brady is old and washed up.  Carr has no protection, no running game, no WR's and one of the worst D's in the game.  My point is that Carr played very well considering he was learning a new system with yet another head coach and minimal talent surrounding him.  There are very few QB's in the league who could have performed better than Carr considering all factors.  Back to my previous point that Tom Brady would look old and washed up with this roster, now watch him go to another Super Bowl with NE this year.

I read some post earlier saying how we should trade Carr if we could somehow land Foles.  If that is not an Al Davis move and one of the most ludicrous things I have read then I don't know what is.  I will say this about Foles, he is a system QB who's deficiencies are masked by the system he is in and his surrounding talent.  He is fools gold that some team will trade for or sign for a ton of money only to get mediocre QB play when he is removed from the Eagles system and surrounding talent.

21 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm going on a rant....  Let's say Tom Brady was traded to the Raiders this last offseason, with the talent we have everyone would be saying Brady is old and washed up.  Carr has no protection, no running game, no WR's and one of the worst D's in the game.  My point is that Carr played very well considering he was learning a new system with yet another head coach and minimal talent surrounding him.  There are very few QB's in the league who could have performed better than Carr considering all factors.  Back to my previous point that Tom Brady would look old and washed up with this roster, now watch him go to another Super Bowl with NE this year.

I read some post earlier saying how we should trade Carr if we could somehow land Foles.  If that is not an Al Davis move and one of the most ludicrous things I have read then I don't know what is.  I will say this about Foles, he is a system QB who's deficiencies are masked by the system he is in and his surrounding talent.  He is fools gold that some team will trade for or sign for a ton of money only to get mediocre QB play when he is removed from the Eagles system and surrounding talent.

Even BB brought in receivers for Brady over the years.  This is an excellent post.  Listen, the only year Carr had anything around him, he lit it up.  We were 12-4 he was playing at his highest level we have seen to date.  Brady has had Moss, Branch, Gordon, Gronk, solid running game throughout, and a line that has been both good and bad.  Though he has learned to play through that kind of adversity... Carr does too.  Carr is not the Messiah.  My argument would be to put talent around him, and see what happens.  

I do think with a re-vamped defense, and some reliable targets... through the draft, trade, or FA... fix up the OL... etc Carr can be successful with the Raiders.  You are absolutely right.  A flat out legend could walk in here and stink it up with the talent we currently have.  

1 hour ago, Totty said:

Even BB brought in receivers for Brady over the years.  This is an excellent post.  Listen, the only year Carr had anything around him, he lit it up.  We were 12-4 he was playing at his highest level we have seen to date.  Brady has had Moss, Branch, Gordon, Gronk, solid running game throughout, and a line that has been both good and bad.  Though he has learned to play through that kind of adversity... Carr does too.  Carr is not the Messiah.  My argument would be to put talent around him, and see what happens.  

I do think with a re-vamped defense, and some reliable targets... through the draft, trade, or FA... fix up the OL... etc Carr can be successful with the Raiders.  You are absolutely right.  A flat out legend could walk in here and stink it up with the talent we currently have.  

You want to know what really irks me is people's lack to critically think.  It's things like the Brady scenario that to me are so obvious but to most people this hypothesis would never enter their thought process.  They just think Carr played worse this year than the year before therefor he is regressing, his best years are behind him, he has forgotten how to lead and many other nonsensical, low brow thought processes.   

It's very low brow to just say we should trade Carr because he sucks, he is gun shy or he has forgotten how to be a good QB.  All nonsense.  People like to think franchise QB's grow on trees.  They must have never had to experience the days of Jay Schroder, Marijuanavich, George, Brooks, Walter, Collins, Tui, etc.   

Want to know a sure fire way to get axed as a GM?  Trade a QB like Carr to say a team like the Giants with a ton of talent on O, have Carr take them to the playoffs, contend for an MVP (again) and make multiple Pro Bowls.  While Carr is doing that in NY, your GM career is hanging in the balance on an average system stop gap QB like Foles or an at best average stop gap QB like Taylor, all while you groom a rookie QB, who unless the guy is a star and better than Carr, your career as a GM is over.

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You want to know what really irks me is people's lack to critically think.  It's things like the Brady scenario that to me are so obvious but to most people this hypothesis would never enter their thought process.  They just think Carr played worse this year than the year before therefor he is regressing, his best years are behind him, he has forgotten how to lead and many other nonsensical, low brow thought processes.   

It's very low brow to just say we should trade Carr because he sucks, he is gun shy or he has forgotten how to be a good QB.  All nonsense.  People like to think franchise QB's grow on trees.  They must have never had to experience the days of Jay Schroder, Marijuanavich, George, Brooks, Walter, Collins, Tui, etc.   

Want to know a sure fire way to get axed as a GM?  Trade a QB like Carr to say a team like the Giants with a ton of talent on O, have Carr take them to the playoffs, contend for an MVP (again) and make multiple Pro Bowls.  While Carr is doing that in NY, your GM career is hanging in the balance on an average system stop gap QB like Foles or an at best average stop gap QB like Taylor, all while you groom a rookie QB, who unless the guy is a star and better than Carr, your career as a GM is over.

This is why I hate social media, things get taken completely out of the context intended. First off, my Foles comment was a hypothetical for a 1 year stop gap option. Second, I think Carr is a good QB, and you can win with him. I stated that. I don't however think he's an elite MVP caliber QB some want him to be or think he can be. That's why I proposed the hypothetical question about trading him IF the value was essentially to good to ignore. 

I also don't think it's "nonsense" to suggest Carr has a lot of issues as a pocket passer in relation to pressure. He's shown time and time again since his injuries that he will shrink when pressured. More often than not, he erratic in the pocket and looking to check down before getting hit. Going back to his breakout 2016 season, he was bottom in league in yards per attempt which has been consistent for his career. He opts for the check down frequently.

I see nothing in Carr right now that suggests he can be an MVP QB. And until I see him calm down in the pocket I will continue to scrutinize him as a franchise QB. And I've been a Carr guy since day 1. It's obvious he needs more talent around him so we will see if he regains form.

Let me ask you guys this question.  If you were a GM and just starting a franchise and had to pick one QB to build around in the NFL who would you rank ahead of or equal to Carr?  In my opinion the list is very short.  Obviously in this scenario a player like Brady would not be ahead of Carr because he is 40.  

Here is my list in no specific order: Mahomes, Watson, Wentz, Luck, Newton, Wilson, Ryan (debatable), Rogers (age).  No matter how you spin it Carr is a top 10 QB to build your franchise around.  For all of those on here calling for Carr to be traded, think about this and give me your feedback.  

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Bullying isn't cool.. I'll report this whole back story to more mods..... I just come on this site to talk about a team I have a passion for, not to be harassed 

Stop making 100 silly threads then, you bullying the forum, i come here and see every thread started by you!

19 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Let me ask you guys this question.  If you were a GM and just starting a franchise and had to pick one QB to build around in the NFL who would you rank ahead of or equal to Carr?  In my opinion the list is very short.  Obviously in this scenario a player like Brady would not be ahead of Carr because he is 40.  

Here is my list in no specific order: Mahomes, Watson, Wentz, Luck, Newton, Wilson, Ryan (debatable), Rogers (age).  No matter how you spin it Carr is a top 10 QB to build your franchise around.  For all of those on here calling for Carr to be traded, think about this and give me your feedback.  

The question is a little more complicated than that including cost.  A much better question is he worth what he is being paid.  Would you rather have Carr + a rookie DE or Mack and a rookie QB to start a franchise?  To answer the question without taking other variables into consideration would be stupid.  How many QBs are going to be better than Carr over the next two years because if he does not start playing up to that contract he will not be here passed 2 years.  If he can not put this team on hs back and get a few wins because he is unstoppable then he is not worth the top six money he is getting paid.

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

There are more variables at play on this, but let me just dig into Ryan because I see that as Carr's ceiling. A franchise guy, who is good not great and when all the parts line up can have a few pro bowl seasons. I don't think he will ever be "elite", but you can win with him. Ryan went through a body transition, got stronger and I think was mentally further along that Carr at this point in his career. 

Archived