Tom Cable???

Humble_Beast

56 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Once again, I'm not talking about any other year but this one with this coach before you say that is what Carr has always done.

Look at Gruden's offenses everywhere else he has coached. CHECKDOWN is your friend. Gannon won a MVP checking it down and then striking when the defense was out of position. But the checkdown to deep strike ratio was weighted far in the checkdown's favor.

It's what the offense calls for. Everything else is perspective and assumptions.

Cooper is having success in a different offense. Apples to Oranges.

I get it, but before this year and in his best year, he looked for that check down to frequently, which is why is YPA is low. On 3rd downs, he's throwing short of the sticks. I understand Gruden's offense, I just think Carr needs to be more comfortable standing in the pocket. He's eager to get the ball out at times. 

I'm not looking for him to air it out, but he misses a lot of open receivers because he's looking for that check down right away 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I'm not looking for him to air it out, but he misses a lot of open receivers because he's looking for that check down right away 

Because that is the hot route or the outlet when the hot route is covered. That is the offense. It is designed to get the ball out of his hand as quickly as possible. Gruden doesn't want Carr standing back there for 5-8 seconds, going through progressions or having to run for his life to make a play.

Other teams run the exact same concepts.  It just looks a lot different when you're throwing the hot route to Tyreek Hill or the outlet to Todd Gurley.  No one cares that the majority of passes from Mahomes or Goff are less than 10 yards(Which is the same for every QB on every team if you didn't know). 

5 hours ago, true2form said:

Other teams run the exact same concepts.  It just looks a lot different when you're throwing the hot route to Tyreek Hill or the outlet to Todd Gurley.  No one cares that the majority of passes from Mahomes or Goff are less than 10 yards(Which is the same for every QB on every team if you didn't know). 

Spot on.  No one fears a dump off to Lynch or a hot route to Seth Roberts LOL  You know what would really help Carr is a stud RB to take pressure off of him.  Our RB play has been terrible for many years.  

3 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Because that is the hot route or the outlet when the hot route is covered. That is the offense. It is designed to get the ball out of his hand as quickly as possible. Gruden doesn't want Carr standing back there for 5-8 seconds, going through progressions or having to run for his life to make a play.

Agree to disagree. I'm not saying he needs to sit back there 5 seconds. I'm saying we've seen numerous breakdowns of him checking down in a flash while WRs are coming out of breaks. Ted Nyugen has a lot of great breakdowns on this

36 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Agree to disagree. I'm not saying he needs to sit back there 5 seconds. I'm saying we've seen numerous breakdowns of him checking down in a flash while WRs are coming out of breaks. Ted Nyugen has a lot of great breakdowns on this

Already addressed this.  Definitely agree to disagree. Yup I've seen and read everything Ted has done. He is also picking out 3-4 plays. I could do the same for any QB in the league except those that make a living outside the pocket. Hell, I could probably do it for them too.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Carr looked pretty darn good under Musgrave just saying! i still think we would have been looking at a whole different team had JDR fired Norton and got a legit DC instead of firing Musgrave and his top 5 offense! That was totally backward Todd Downing destroyed the offense!

Archived