GDT Birds at Bears Sun. 3:40

dll2000

^ yeah I don't blame Philly fans for being confident after last year's run and with the Foles magic happening again this year, but let's be real, they are far from the most deserving team to get in this year and have had a lot of things bounce their way to get to this point.

That said I'm pretty damn confident with where this Bears team is at.  Just something about the swag of this team actually reminds me a lot of what Philly had going on last year.  I just don't see any team beating us at home right now.  

Eagles don't really have much of a ground game to be worried about and I think our O-line matches up well with their D-line, especially with Long back to go up against Cox.  Eagles also have a really weak secondary, so I expect Nagy to take advantage of that.

Oh did I also mention it'll be loud AF at Soldier Field on Sunday?  

Anyone going to the game?   Should be off the hook

Sadly my connection that got me seats to the Rams game (seats belong to son of former player, and were awesome) not an option again, so I'll be watching from home.

Help me out:  for each game I buy a beer that fits the game: For Lions games it's always Firestone Walker (logo is a Bear boxing a Lion!), for Packers it's always a Wisco beer.. only one I screwed up was Giants (got Giant Killer IPA) which was a good theme but ****ty beer.  So help me out, what direction should we go for Sunday? Philly beer?  Eagle beer?  Somehow find a beer with a Bear stomping on a bird?

Philly has been pretty average across the board this season but one thing that stands out is their defensive front. They do a good job defending the run but they don't put opposing QBs under a lot of pressure. This will be a big game for Trubisky and hopefully he can take advantage of the extra time to throw.

10 absolutely shredded bad secondaries this year.  6 TDs against the Bucs, 5 total TDs against the Lions.  Wouldnt shock me if Nagy has a similar gameplan this week and Mitch just torched another bad secondary.  Also wouldnt shock me if they come out and pound the rock.  Its gonna be fun.  Bear Down!

Only thing that worries me is their playoff experience compared to ours. I usually hate saying this but... I'm quietly confident. We have been excellent at Soldier Field this season and are coming off a run of 9 wins in 10 games - this doesn't get talked about much but we were 3-3, we've only lost one of the last TEN games. Mitch has put together three really solid games in a row with the Vikings game being the best of the lot.

If we play to the best of our ability then this game finishes as a Bears win. And I cannot wait for Sunday. Let's. Go. Bears.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Sadly my connection that got me seats to the Rams game (seats belong to son of former player, and were awesome) not an option again, so I'll be watching from home.

Help me out:  for each game I buy a beer that fits the game: For Lions games it's always Firestone Walker (logo is a Bear boxing a Lion!), for Packers it's always a Wisco beer.. only one I screwed up was Giants (got Giant Killer IPA) which was a good theme but ****ty beer.  So help me out, what direction should we go for Sunday? Philly beer?  Eagle beer?  Somehow find a beer with a Bear stomping on a bird?

Me!

Philly is peaking at right time. 

Negatives:

Foles has all of a sudden done well after looking like an 8th stringer in preseason and to start season.  Foles and Jeffery are hooking up and Sproles has provided a spark.  O line is healthy finally and D line seems to have found it's missing piece in Bennett with Barnett out. 

They are confident.  

Miller will probably play at less than 100% because he is tough and may hurt the team with a key fumble.    

Positives:

Bears are improving in some key areas too.  Floyd and Smith have taken their game to a much, much higher level from earlier in year.  Our O line is looking better.  Long looked good after being out much of season.  Daniels is improving rapidly.  Howard is looking better.  MT is looking better.  Shaheen is getting better and that is helping Burton and the running game.

A lot of Foles success has been Alshon Jeffrey making crazy contested catches.  We know from experience that is not something you can rely on every single week.  Lets hope this isn't one of those weeks.  

Their secondary is not good.  Their D line doesn't have a deep rotation.  So while very good, it can be gassed if left on field too long.  Game can get out of hand in Bears favor if things don't go well for Eagles early.  Could get scary if they get early breaks or make a big play.

I'll be going to the game, my first ever playoff game experience. I can't wait for the air raid siren. On another note, I found these stats eye popping for the Bears D:

The final NFL rankings for the 2018 Bears defense quantify their magnificent season.

Pts/game: 1st (17.7)

Takeaways: 1st (36)

Yds/play: 1st (4.78)

Yds/game: 3rd (299.7)

Yds/carry: 4th (3.78)

Yds/pass: 1st (5.29)

1st downs/game: 1st (17.4)

Sacks/pass attempt: 9th (8.13%)

4 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Well they can’t stop talking about dicks over there so here you go:

Archived