GDT Birds at Bears Sun. 3:40

dll2000

17 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Robbie Gould is apparently a free agent this offseason.  His family is still here.  Idk if I'd pull the trigger, but it might be a logical move to reunite

He is. I'd be very surprised if we didn't franchise him or come to terms on like a 2 year agreement. Given all the cap room we have, there's no reason he should hit the market given how good he's been for us the last two years. 

7 hours ago, dafreak said:

Does not matter, he gone...

Remember Scott Norwood, who missed the 40 yard FG against the Giants, in the Super Bowl on the last play of the game. He never played another game in the NFL he was mentally shot. But in the kids defense that calling TO with less than one second before he first kicked is BS & and the league has to change that rule. I am not a Bear fan but that really ticked me off.

43 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Remember Scott Norwood, who missed the 40 yard FG against the Giants, in the Super Bowl on the last play of the game. He never played another game in the NFL he was mentally shot. But in the kids defense that calling TO with less than one second before he first kicked is BS & and the league has to change that rule. I am not a Bear fan but that really ticked me off.

They really don't...there is nothing wrong with calling a TO at any point before the snap...we just need a kicker who can actually hold his nerve when a kick should be automatic.

24 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

They really don't...there is nothing wrong with calling a TO at any point before the snap...we just need a kicker who can actually hold his nerve when a kick should be automatic.

Agreed. They say it was tipped (which if it was, it was barely a finger tip) then this still doesn't excuse Parkey for missing it. It only means he took a bad angle.

That said, all of these death threats and whatnot that Parkey is receiving are embarrassing, uncalled for and extremely childish.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter 

Bears were +2 in turnovers Sunday vs. Eagles. Home teams that were +2 in the playoffs the past 40 years were 112-4.

You read that right... 112-4.... unbelievable man. 

This is one of those misses that I truly think ends a career for a kicker 99% of the time. No matter the situation, that kick will ALWAYS be in the back of Parkeys head. This is a quick way to divide a locker room if you bring him back. Regardless of the “win as a team lose as a team” there guaranteed are guys in there with some distaste and resentment towards Parkey. His career in Chicago needs to be done and I would be absolutely floored if he wasn’t. What a tough way to end the season though

7 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

You are right, and I don’t agree with booing him. I cursed him at the time and am pissed he missed another kick, but for me it’s all business now he needs to be gone. 

As long as they are being non violent and no threats booing is perfectly fine. What do you expect them to do in that situation? Cheer? He earned it. 

The Bears gave him a ton of rope this year and he screwed us in the end. Pace won't let that happen again. 

1 hour ago, dafreak said:

You know who else needs to go? Trey Burton. The guy appears to be a head case. Was he afraid to play against his old team yesterday? Nagy called his injury "strange". 

So let me get this straight.First Amos and Howard, then Fangio and now Burton?

Some people, I swear.  We go 12-4, win the division, get to playoffs, have a bright future with one of the youngest rosters in league -- with a majority of which who are already signed long-term --  after having spent the last decade as a laughing stock and trying to at least become competitive. But now because an inexperienced young team loses one game in their first playoff appearance, you wanna burn it all down. 

Burton built a rapport with Mitch, can line up all over the field and was 4th on the team in yards, targets and TD's. But because he had an undisclosed injury now he's a head case and we should burn it down and cut him? 

Do you even watch this team?

26 minutes ago, Pool said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why Howard wasn't more involved. I think he had like 10 carries? That's inexcusable. We give Howard 20+ carries in that game and we win.

Giving up on the run too early has been a problem with Nagy off and on all year. it seems we went from run, run, pass - to pass, pass, pass.

edit before this post gets taken out of context: In no way am I saying I dislike Nagy or he is as bad as numbnuts.

19 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

So let me get this straight.First Amos and Howard, then Fangio and now Burton?

Some people, I swear.  We go 12-4, win the division, get to playoffs, have a bright future with one of the youngest rosters in league -- with a majority of which who are already signed long-term --  after having spent the last decade as a laughing stock and trying to at least become competitive. But now because an inexperienced young team loses one game in their first playoff appearance, you wanna burn it all down. 

Burton built a rapport with Mitch, can line up all over the field and was 4th on the team in yards, targets and TD's. But because he had an undisclosed injury now he's a head case and we should burn it down and cut him? 

Do you even watch this team?

Well, considering he wouldnt run the philly special play earlier in the year it makes me question an injury that appears the day before a playoff game against his former team.

Archived