GDT Birds at Bears Sun. 3:40

dll2000

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I have a bit of an unhealthy ma crush on Eddie Jackson. I hope he doesn’t play. That guy is a difference maker 

He is a difference maker, but unfortunately for you guys, he'll probably play. Amos is darn good too, though. Hope you don't snag him during the off-season...

58 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Went right over your head....

Mine too. Feel free NOT to explain, though. 

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

He is a difference maker, but unfortunately for you guys, he'll probably play. Amos is darn good too, though. Hope you don't snag him during the off-season...

Mine too. Feel free NOT to explain, though. 

Yes, I think i will bow out of this conversation...  O.o

I don't think this is going to be a cake-walk by any means, and I do believe that Foles has given the Eagles a jolt (along with the return of Darren Sproles).

That being said: best defense in the NFL resides in the 'Chi. We'll see you clowns Sunday afternoon >:(

22 hours ago, Danger said:

Honestly, this team just expected Wentz to carry them. If you watched the games you would see they cared infinitely more about Fundamentals the moment Carson was out. They realized that they actually had to do their job and that Carson wasn't going to be a one man army for them. In 2017 they didn't have those expectations of him and hence they were firing on all cylinders while he was playing well so things went swimmingly. 

It's absolutely shameful, but this team was complacent while Carson was the QB.

The crazy thing is how dependent the offense was on EACH person doing their job. The offense is really complex, and relies on a lot of trust throws. So if Ertz or Jeffery is supposed to make sure to get outside leverage to run a corner but doesn't the QB is completely f***ed when he makes that throw (as it is near impossible for a QB to see leverage after the snap unless it is REALLY exaggerated). Then there are timing factors based on man/zone, when to sit if in a zone, hot reads, etc. That was what made them so ridiculous last year (beside's Wentz just being accurate at each level), that the skill positions and QB were on the page on so many things - all of which was to put each throw in a more favorable situation. But that meant in most plays if they did the incorrect leverage or release that they could really screw over the offense.

Obviously they were running on all cylinders last year, so I just wasn't sure what was happening. Hopefully Pederson also sees the disconnect and makes sure everyone is on the same page in 2019, since I can't wish you guys luck this week. ;)

@Nads786 Just let them know it is just for a few more weeks, then they will get the Nads they wanted when they hired you. lol

As for one reason to love Kyle Long -

“Unfortunately, I’m playing against my family this week. You’ve got to look at it as just another dude out there. He kind of looks like me, possibly, but on Sunday, we’re not related, so I’ve got to focus on my job.”

No love between brothers for 60 minutes. I'm sure Chris is in the same boat too.

Ya know, maybe this is my firey side showing more on the boards, but what is this crap? Why am I reading Eagles fans on various forums talking junk like we're supposed to be afraid of them? I'm driving into work today and I'm listening to Eagles reporters and other national media talk about how the Eagles are this team of magic and destiny. My favorite parroted talking point is that they have "playoff experience".

I'm sorry, how much ******* playoff experience did Nick Foles have prior to last season? 1 game, in 2013. This dude is a career 88.5 rated QB, yet we are supposed to be in awe of him? Why?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking this team lightly but you know what? **** them. WE are the team that's 12-4, WE are the team that helped THEM get into the playoffs. WE have the best defense in the NFL. They should be fearing US, not the other way around.

I can't ******* wait for Sunday afternoon -- I want blood.

29 minutes ago, G08 said:

Ya know, maybe this is my firey side showing more on the boards, but what is this crap? Why am I reading Eagles fans on various forums talking junk like we're supposed to be afraid of them? I'm driving into work today and I'm listening to Eagles reporters and other national media talk about how the Eagles are this team of magic and destiny. My favorite parroted talking point is that they have "playoff experience".

I'm sorry, how much ******* playoff experience did Nick Foles have prior to last season? 1 game, in 2013. This dude is a career 88.5 rated QB, yet we are supposed to be in awe of him? Why?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking this team lightly but you know what? **** them. WE are the team that's 12-4, WE are the team that helped THEM get into the playoffs. WE have the best defense in the NFL. They should be fearing US, not the other way around.

I can't ******* wait for Sunday afternoon -- I want blood.

There's a reason why Vegas has us as a 6 point favorite, but yeah all the talking heads this week have really been irritating me.  You have Cowherd talking about Trubisky cant take advantage of the Eagles weakness in the secondary, and it's like did you see what he did to the Bucs and Lions at home.  When you look at what 10 has done against bad secondaries this year, what on earth makes you think hes incapable of attacking a bad secondary? Foles magic?  Cmon, look at what good QBs have done against this Bears defense.  This defense makes the best QBs look average at best. Yeah I'm getting pretty fired up too.  I get that the Eagles in with Foles is a good story, but let's be real.  How many positions are they actually more talented than the Bears? 5,6? Its all good tho, bc I'm sure Nagy is going to use it all week.  And then next week we'll have to here all week about the greatness of the Rams and how talented they are, and nobody will talk about how they were totally dominated on both sides of the ball, especially in the trenches, for 60 mins.  Bear Down for a playoff season of doubters everybody.

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

There's a reason why Vegas has us as a 6 point favorite, but yeah all the talking heads this week have really been irritating me.  You have Cowherd talking about Trubisky cant take advantage of the Eagles weakness in the secondary, and it's like did you see what he did to the Bucs and Lions at home.  When you look at what 10 has done against bad secondaries this year, what on earth makes you think hes incapable of attacking a bad secondary? Foles magic?  Cmon, look at what good QBs have done against this Bears defense.  This defense makes the best QBs look average at best. Yeah I'm getting pretty fired up too.  I get that the Eagles in with Foles is a good story, but let's be real.  How many positions are they actually more talented than the Bears? 5,6? Its all good tho, bc I'm sure Nagy is going to use it all week.  And then next week we'll have to here all week about the greatness of the Rams and how talented they are, and nobody will talk about how they were totally dominated on both sides of the ball, especially in the trenches, for 60 mins.  Bear Down for a playoff season of doubters everybody.

I've just never seen/heard SO MUCH **** talked about a QB who had a 2:1 TD to INT ratio, completed passes at a 66.7% rate (7.4 yards per attempt) and throw for over 3,200 yards in 14 games.

Like I said earlier you can't really blame Philly fans for being overconfident after the run they've had the past year BUT with all due respect to them it all ends this Sunday.

Throw all the stats and what not out the window.  I truly think that this Bears team is special and will find a way to win this game and possibly make a deep run this year. 

These aren't the same special Eagles of last year and I feel like the Bears will be highly motivated and have something to prove by taking out the defending SB champs because people still aren't giving them any respect after one of the most impressive regular season turnarounds in a while.

TBH all I’ve been thinking this week is a lot of the Bears fans (not really you guys) I’ve seen online like on reddit or twitter are super cocky/confident. Acting like this won’t even be a game.

Also, it shouldn’t be too surprising that a lot of the talking heads are taking the Foles magic and reigning super bowl champs angle. But, with that said I’ve seen quite a few of them picking the Bears like Billick, L.T., And Sharpe.

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

TBH all I’ve been thinking this week is a lot of the Bears fans (not really you guys) I’ve seen online like on reddit or twitter are super cocky/confident. Acting like this won’t even be a game.

Also, it shouldn’t be too surprising that a lot of the talking heads are taking the Foles magic and reigning super bowl champs angle. But, with that said I’ve seen quite a few of them picking the Bears like Billick, L.T., And Sharpe.

It won't be a cakewalk either way but Bears fans have reason to be confident after the season we just had and with the way the defense has played all season against opposing QBs.  The home field advantage is real.  You guys surely stand a chance just not a very good one xD

20 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

It won't be a cakewalk either way but Bears fans have reason to be confident after the season we just had and with the way the defense has played all season against opposing QBs.  The home field advantage is real.  You guys surely stand a chance just not a very good one xD

Oh... I’m not trying to act like you shouldn’t be the favorite and have confidence. I mean I’m pretty sure I said at least twice in our week 17 GDT how tough you guys looked against the Vikings.

Archived