GDT Birds at Bears Sun. 3:40

dll2000

7 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

On the Ertz TD catch, the Bears had 10 guys on the field.

Yup.  They said so during the broadcast.  There were lots of little mistakes and undisciplined moments that I hope the Bears take a hard analysis of, drill it into everyones heads, and then next year we eliminate.

Honestly, I am already over this one.  The Bears have overnight raised their bar for next year. Don't think they'll be 12-4 again, but if they have even average injury luck they should be back in the playoffs.  With another year in this offense I think Trubisky is going to go from average to really good, and hopefully the defense can be a top 5 unit again.   With that, no reason not to expect them to contend all the way. 

OK, not over this one yet... but have a fun story from this morning. I was sitting in stopped traffic at Kedzie and the highway. When I finally moved up enough to see what was going on, I see that there's a semi who took a turn too tight, and was hung up on a lightpole, which was bending over and flopping around in the breeze.  I'm sitting there, and look over to a guy on the sidewalk who's motioning for me to roll my window down.  He points at my Bears hat, points at the truck, then says "he hit the upright, too!" grins, and walks off.  The truck actually hit the cross bar as well, so it was a great fan re-enactment. 

SO.

Anyone have any kickers they like in this draft?

If Cody Parkey is still here next season it will be a collective slap in the face to all Bears fans.

I'm sure he's a nice guy and all that crap, but he can go pound sand. Make him a June 1st cut and he costs us $4,062,500 in dead space. Pay your kicker $500k and eat the loss that Parkey is/was.

26 minutes ago, G08 said:

SO.

If Cody Parkey is still here next season it will be a collective slap in the face to all Bears fans.

I'm sure he's a nice guy and all that crap, but he can go pound sand. Make him a June 1st cut and he costs us $4,062,500 in dead space. Pay your kicker $500k and eat the loss that Parkey is/was.

Austin Seibert (Oklahoma), Cole Tracy (LSU), and John Baron (San Diego State [he is money past 50 yards btw]) all seem like they'll be successful.

Or just eat **** and sign Gould or Rosas.

49 minutes ago, G08 said:

SO.

OAK likely will keep Carlson so Pineiro might be up for grabs. Doubt we would stand a chance to get him through waivers so for our 7th I'd absolutely bite. 

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

OAK likely will keep Carlson so Pineiro might be up for grabs. Doubt we would stand a chance to get him through waivers so for our 7th I'd absolutely bite. 

I have a feeling we are going to keep Parkey, sign a UDFA for "competition" and then let them battle it out with Parkey inevitably winning.

I'm going to hate it.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

I have a feeling we are going to keep Parkey, sign a UDFA for "competition" and then let them battle it out with Parkey inevitably winning.

I'm going to hate it.

That's my fear, and what I vehemently am opposed to. Any mock or plan I would post would avoid that. I know great kickers can be found late, but I want to get my choice, not hope other teams simply left THE guy for me  

7 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

That's my fear, and what I vehemently am opposed to. Any mock or plan I would post would avoid that. I know great kickers can be found late, but I want to get my choice, not hope other teams simply left THE guy for me  

It's what'll happen. Pace will save face by saying it's an open competition, it will be a UDFA and unless Parkey craps the bed he's going to be back. I HATE it.

17 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I hope he kicks the tires on Gould to see if there's any mutual interest.  I heard Robbie was at the game yesterday as he still has personal ties to the city.  It would be bad on Pace to not at least explore the idea if he somehow manages to hit FA.  Otherwise I see a scenario like bringing Parkey back with competition. 

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I hope he kicks the tires on Gould to see if there's any mutual interest.  I heard Robbie was at the game yesterday as he still has personal ties to the city.  It would be bad on Pace to not at least explore the idea if he somehow manages to hit FA.  Otherwise I see a scenario like bringing Parkey back with competition. 

Still has a house in Chicago and said he'd retire there iirc. I want to say kids still go to school there but I can't remember. 

I just don't think we can afford him with the holes to potentially fill (and the depth needed too). I'd love to see Gould back in Navy and Orange, just doubt it happens. 

30 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm going to hate it.

I get the same feeling. Especially with how much of the locker room is standing by Parkey.

The situation is going to really show how Pace/Nagy handle public pressure.

44 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'm on board with this for sure.

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I get the same feeling. Especially with how much of the locker room is standing by Parkey.

It's a business, you get paid to do your job. Surely the players understand that.

11 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm on board with this for sure.

I think they are standing by him because that is such an incredibly ****ty feeling to blow such a huge moment and they are being decent humans.   

Most people would do same   Doesn’t mean they aren’t fuming or that he won’t face music. 

17 minutes ago, dafreak said:

It's a business, you get paid to do your job. Surely the players understand that.

Agreed this is a performance based business.  For as good of a person and teammate that Parkey may be I'm sure there will be some guys in that locker room who have doubts if he is brought back with no question or competition.  Good teammates stick up for each other through good and bad,  but if you consistently don't come through when it matters most then eventually that's going to wear thin.

It's an accountability thing at the end of the day.

Archived