GDT Birds at Bears Sun. 3:40

dll2000

I dunno, grade each game without a curve, then average them.  He's had some A games and an F game, and everything in between. 

I'm high on Mitch long term, and have been really pleased with his progress to date, but feel I'm being very realistic about where he is.

He needs only a "good" game tomorrow, that will be enough to win, anything above that is frosting

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

I dunno, grade each game without a curve, then average them.  He's had some A games and an F game, and everything in between. 

I'm high on Mitch long term, and have been really pleased with his progress to date, but feel I'm being very realistic about where he is.

He needs only a "good" game tomorrow, that will be enough to win, anything above that is frosting

I agree with you on everything, basically, just feel a C+ is a little low. And don't really think he had any F games. 

19 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I agree with you on everything, basically, just feel a C+ is a little low. And don't really think he had any F games. 

C- is the lowest I'd go and that's the LA game. I would give him an F for it but that was his first game in 21 days so I knew there would be rust.

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

C- is the lowest I'd go and that's the LA game. I would give him an F for it but that was his first game in 21 days so I knew there would be rust.

And there's not just the rust to consider--the Rams are a tremendous team. 

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

C+ is Andy Dalton. I think Trubisky is better than that, and showed us as much. 

I think Trubisky is at Dalton's or Stafford's level right now (about average among NFL QBs) and I don't think that's a slight to him. He is still learning this offense and can certainly improve.

36 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

And there's not just the rust to consider--the Rams are a tremendous team. 

I'd give him an F for that game but that is largely due to him not having the self awareness to be more conservative. Of anyone, he shoild have been able to tell he didn't have his usual control. His ball placement even on a lot of completed passes seemed to be erratic IIRC. If that is on the short stuff his deeper throws weren't likely to be better. 

Nagy probably called his worst game since the first GB game's conscripted drives that game too though. 

42 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'd give him an F for that game but that is largely due to him not having the self awareness to be more conservative. Of anyone, he shoild have been able to tell he didn't have his usual control. His ball placement even on a lot of completed passes seemed to be erratic IIRC. If that is on the short stuff his deeper throws weren't likely to be better. 

Nagy probably called his worst game since the first GB game's conscripted drives that game too though. 

The Patriots game was the worst coaching performance of the year. And it's not even close.

I wouldn't give out an F to anything less than a game a QB lost due to stupid turnovers, though. I'd really only put one of Tru's interceptions solely on him, and there were some bad drops in that game, too...

23 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Just saw this on twitter and found it interesting, so I thought I'd share. 

As you can see above over the whole regular season the Bears and Eagles had about the same offensive expected points added, but the Bears defense was on a completely different level than any team in the NFL. Nothing too surprising here. Chicago was clearly superior over this season and its why we are playing at Soldier Field on Sunday.

But, when you look at the last 5 weeks (3 of which were with Foles) its very close between the Bears and Eagles.

Regular season looks like 10.5 combined EPA (6.5 defensive and 4 offensive) for the Bears and 0.8 combined EPA (-3 defensive and 3.8 offensive).

Last 5 weeks looks like  7.5 combined EPA (8.5 defensive and -1 offensive) for the Bears and 8.5 combined EPA (2.5 defensive and 6 offensive).

With that said, analytics can only tell us so much and 3 of the 5 games in the last 5 weeks for Chicago were on the road and this game will be played at home where I'm sure they are better. But, I just wanted to show a more comprehensive stat (still probably has its flaws) that shows the Eagles are playing much better right now.

This is really good information, and if we're also looking at the last 5 games, it should be noted that 1 of them was with chase daniel starting, and another was with mitch coming off his injured throwing shoulder (worst game of the year)

26 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Ugh...

RT @AdamSchefter: Bears TE Trey Burton (groin) has been added to the team’s injury report and is questionable for Sunday’s game vs. the Eagles.

Strange the night before the game... wonder what kind of extracurricular activities he was doing 🤔🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Archived