GDT Birds at Bears Sun. 3:40

dll2000

3 minutes ago, dafreak said:

"I don't think so"..."I thought about it"...I still think it's the best explanation...

I saw that too.  The fact that he said I don't think it had anything mental to do with it and not straight up no is a bit odd.

That said I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and believe his side of the story.

Whatever.  It wasn’t a dumb theory given his background. Like thinking a guy with migraines might have had a migraine. 

Could have been a little bit from column A and B.  

Could have had zero to do with anxiety and he was just hurt. That seems to have been case.  Given vague and late answers there is room for doubt.  

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yeah we should not believe a word he says. Cut him today because the conspiracy/drama theory sounds better.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. I'd love to be wrong, I just don't think I am.

18 hours ago, TB 1 said:

Yes i do. That was last years Super Bowl. Philly was mediocre all season and not as good. This was a bad loss for the Bears in a year they could have won it all.  I know enough about football to know there are no guarantee's in football next season.

The Bears should have won, no argument there. However, as I pointed out, the Bears are a young team. No real playoff experience, especially their quarterback--which does, actually, make a difference. And--yet again--who is the salary cap coming for? 

19 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

He touched the ball 4 times on offense. You don't stop giving your best weapon the ball after 4 touches.

He's not their best offensive weapon. They also didn't run the ball enough in general, and Cohen dropped two passes he should have caught. It all sucks, but it is what it is...

38 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

He's not their best offensive weapon. They also didn't run the ball enough in general, and Cohen dropped two passes he should have caught. It all sucks, but it is what it is...

Cohen has proven time and time again that he is their biggest and most problematic weapon on offense. It may turn out to be Robinson, but at this moment, it's Cohen.

34 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Cohen has proven time and time again that he is their biggest and most problematic weapon on offense. It may turn out to be Robinson, but at this moment, it's Cohen.

Based on what? I think you're buying into his media hype a little too much. Robinson has proven--already--a better weapon than Cohen. Burton probably has as well. 

29 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Based on what? I think you're buying into his media hype a little too much. Robinson has proven--already--a better weapon than Cohen. Burton probably has as well. 

Media hype? Are you implying he isn't any good? I'm watching Haugh and Jahns now and Jahns said "Philadelphia had two guys on Cohen on almost every play. They know his importance to this offense."

He had 71 catches on 91 targets. He ran the ball 99 times. He's versatile. He's quicker than anyone on the offense. He's shiftier than anyone on the offense. He's an absolute matchup nightmare. In the open field, forget about it. In a must win game, I would have found a way to get the ball in his hands more.

If you want to go with Robinson, fine. I think Robinson has to grow even more next year and he presumably will, 2 years removed from the injury. For now I'll take my chances with Cohen.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Media hype? Are you implying he isn't any good? I'm watching Haugh and Jahns now and Jahns said "Philadelphia had two guys on Cohen on almost every play. They know his importance to this offense."

He had 71 catches on 91 targets. He ran the ball 99 times. He's versatile. He's quicker than anyone on the offense. He's shiftier than anyone on the offense. He's an absolute matchup nightmare. In the open field, forget about it. In a must win game, I would have found a way to get the ball in his hands more.

If you want to go with Robinson, fine. I think Robinson has to grow even more next year and he presumably will, 2 years removed from the injury. For now I'll take my chances with Cohen.

Not implying he isn't good. Implying the media pumps him up, especially game commentators encouraging people to stay tuned to see just what Cohen will do. (I'm going to ignore what Jahns said.)

Cohen's a good player. A terrific grab by our GM in the fourth. His shiftiness and speed present problems for a defense. I hope he plays in the league for a long time, and always remains a Bear.

But, right now, he's a poor man's Darren Sproles. Maybe that changes--maybe next season, even--but for now that's his reality. That's what the stats show, that's what the eyetest shows. 

30 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Not implying he isn't good. Implying the media pumps him up, especially game commentators encouraging people to stay tuned to see just what Cohen will do. (I'm going to ignore what Jahns said.)

Cohen's a good player. A terrific grab by our GM in the fourth. His shiftiness and speed present problems for a defense. I hope he plays in the league for a long time, and always remains a Bear.

But, right now, he's a poor man's Darren Sproles. Maybe that changes--maybe next season, even--but for now that's his reality. That's what the stats show, that's what the eyetest shows. 

I'd say the start to his career is better than the start Sproles had to his career so I can't say he's a "poor man's Sproles" nor do I see the stats you're referring to.

He had more receiving yards this year than Sproles has ever had in a season. He had 444 rushing yards this year which would be Sproles' second best rushing year. It took Sproles 10 years to be an All Pro returner and it took Cohen two years. Cohen's ypr this year would also be Sproles' second best year ever.

13 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I'd say the start to his career is better than the start Sproles had to his career so I can't say he's a "poor man's Sproles" nor do I see the stats you're referring to.

He had more receiving yards this year than Sproles has ever had in a season. He had 444 rushing yards this year which would be Sproles' second best rushing year. It took Sproles 10 years to be an All Pro returner and it took Cohen two years. Cohen's ypr this year would also be Sproles' second best year ever.

Yeah agreed.  If anything Sproles is a poor man's Cohen at this point.

Archived