GDT Birds at Bears Sun. 3:40

dll2000

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Hmm...when has a four first trade happened before? Just curious...

It hasn't. Because QBs of that level just don't switch teams, it doesn't happen. It was part of the way to say Wentz isn't being traded.

Just now, Danger said:

It hasn't. Because QBs of that level just don't switch teams, it doesn't happen. It was part of the way to say Wentz isn't being traded.

They'd be idiots to trade Wentz. If they did, they wouldn't get four first round picks for him. 

Just saw this on twitter and found it interesting, so I thought I'd share. 

As you can see above over the whole regular season the Bears and Eagles had about the same offensive expected points added, but the Bears defense was on a completely different level than any team in the NFL. Nothing too surprising here. Chicago was clearly superior over this season and its why we are playing at Soldier Field on Sunday.

But, when you look at the last 5 weeks (3 of which were with Foles) its very close between the Bears and Eagles.

Regular season looks like 10.5 combined EPA (6.5 defensive and 4 offensive) for the Bears and 0.8 combined EPA (-3 defensive and 3.8 offensive).

Last 5 weeks looks like  7.5 combined EPA (8.5 defensive and -1 offensive) for the Bears and 8.5 combined EPA (2.5 defensive and 6 offensive).

With that said, analytics can only tell us so much and 3 of the 5 games in the last 5 weeks for Chicago were on the road and this game will be played at home where I'm sure they are better. But, I just wanted to show a more comprehensive stat (still probably has its flaws) that shows the Eagles are playing much better right now.

Packer fan here.  I want to congratulate you all on winning the NFC North.  You definitely earned it.  I also want to wish your team the best of luck representing our division in the playoffs this year.  I know you'll represent us well and hope you show the rest of the nation how we play football in the NFC North.  Its a much better division than most of the national press give credit for.  Plus since I generally think the NFC EAST gets too much attention by the national press, I'll be rooting for you to give the Eagles a good butt kicking this weekend for all of us NFC North followers.   Play YOUR game.  You're coached well and your team chemistry is real good.  Play your game and you'll do well.  Again...best of luck !

8 hours ago, Danger said:

All true. I've seen MAYBE 1 in 4 people picking the Eagles to win.

Like it or not, Trubisky still hasn't been spectacular this season. He's been, as a whole, mediocre. When finding the true average of something, it's fairly common to discount the highest and lowest value. to remove outliers. Upon doing this for Trubisky's games this season. His passer rating is 93.5 pretty much the league average, maybe slightly below. 

I believe Trubisky does have the ability, but whether or not he is able to tap into that yet, well I'm not necessarily convinced. If Trubisky is on his game then I believe you guys will win. This may come back to bite me, but I'm not particularly concerned about Khalil Mack. Lane Johnson has proven time and time again that he plays very well against top flight pass rushers Including the likes of Von Miller and Khalil Mack (Raiders).

If the Bears win, it'll be that Trubisky is playing well against our tertiary. (Can't even call them a secondary any more)

Untrue.  He's had a couple down games sparsed throughout the season, and started the year off poorly.  He's been fantastic for a second year quarterback since TB game, overall.  This is coming from one of his biggest doubters here, I took a lot of flak from other bears fans for criticizing him.  He still has work to do, obviously, but he is certainly better than "mediocre".  Don't let the media fool you, don't read into PFF. 

4 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Untrue.  He's had a couple down games sparsed throughout the season, and started the year off poorly.  He's been fantastic for a second year quarterback since TB game, overall.  This is coming from one of his biggest doubters here, I took a lot of flak from other bears fans for criticizing him.  He still has work to do, obviously, but he is certainly better than "mediocre".  Don't let the media fool you, don't read into PFF. 

I didn't look at PFF or the media. I watched his game against Tampa Bay. 5 of the 6 TD passes were 100% wide open. As a whole his performance this season was average.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I didn't look at PFF or the media. I watched his game against Tampa Bay. 5 of the 6 TD passes were 100% wide open. As a whole his performance this season was average.

I'm saying that it was a turning point for him and his confidence levels in himself.  As a whole, you are under-valuing him.  He's not the best player on this team, nor on the offense (yet), but he's been better than average, and certainly far from a liability in most games.

I think C+, he's shown a ton of growth but really isn't consistently adding a lot, instead he mostly does good job well enough to win. I expect next year he's really going to start elevating the offense around him, but for now he's doing what is needed and having both occasional flashes of very good and occasional duds.  Hopefully it's enough to keep winning for now, and over the next couple years when the defense tails off, he should pick up the slack

10 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

Packer fan here.  I want to congratulate you all on winning the NFC North.  You definitely earned it.  I also want to wish your team the best of luck representing our division in the playoffs this year.  I know you'll represent us well and hope you show the rest of the nation how we play football in the NFC North.  Its a much better division than most of the national press give credit for.  Plus since I generally think the NFC EAST gets too much attention by the national press, I'll be rooting for you to give the Eagles a good butt kicking this weekend for all of us NFC North followers.   Play YOUR game.  You're coached well and your team chemistry is real good.  Play your game and you'll do well.  Again...best of luck !

I keep seeing this... other NFC North fans telling Bears fans they are rooting for them like on here, twitter, reddit... everywhere!

It's just so different than how NFC East fans operate.

I mean look at the replies to this tweet lol

45 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I keep seeing this... other NFC North fans telling Bears fans they are rooting for them like on here, twitter, reddit... everywhere!

It's just so different than how NFC East fans operate.

I mean look at the replies to this tweet lol

I don't do Reddit or Twitter, but got a buddy who is a Vikings fan and said he hopes the Bears get beat 42-0, and that Tru gets benched at halftime. 

This was after he cooled down about the elimination. He had far more colorful words after the game. Hahaha.

Really varies, but most of the division's fans seem to root for each other but against Green Bay due to their dominance of the division lasting so long. 

48 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah I don’t understand that rooting for a division rival life.

the order of my joys in life are

1. Eagles winning

2. Dallas losing

3. The love of my family

I personally don't care whenever the Vikings or Lions are in the playoffs --they can win it all for all I care (rooted for Favre in MIN and CJ to get a title). But one thing I will not ever do is root for the Packers under no circumstances whatsoever. 

2 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I think C+, he's shown a ton of growth but really isn't consistently adding a lot, instead he mostly does good job well enough to win. I expect next year he's really going to start elevating the offense around him, but for now he's doing what is needed and having both occasional flashes of very good and occasional duds.  Hopefully it's enough to keep winning for now, and over the next couple years when the defense tails off, he should pick up the slack

Bingo. All this talk of it "coming down to Mitch" is true but only to an extent and nowhere near as much as I keep hearing about. We don't need him to play like a top 5 QB.

Mitch does not need to come out and throw for 300 yards and 3 TD's for this team to win with this defense.

He does not to be the reason we win, he only needs to NOT be the reason we lose. Manage the game, keep the defense fresh and avoid turnovers. So far he has done just that.

3 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

C+ is Andy Dalton. I think Trubisky is better than that, and showed us as much. 

Archived