Greg Papa taking over radio play by play man.

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, 49ers Finest said:

Not sure I like this. He's a raider guy through and through. He is get at his job as a play by play guy though

He’s not anymore if you heard about how he was ousted.  Papa is kind of a bloviating ****** though, but better than the neutered Ted Robinson.

13 hours ago, John232 said:

He’s not anymore if you heard about how he was ousted.  Papa is kind of a bloviating ****** though, but better than the neutered Ted Robinson.

I listen to his radio show all the time on 95.7. Papa has incredible insight into the game of football.

He also has a deep appreciation for the art of broadcasting and is a consummate professional in the booth. 

He is an incredible play by play guy with a voice that was meant for radio. He will mesh extremely well with Tim Ryan (who I also think is fantastic).

He will need to come up with a new touchdown call for us now but I am confident it will be different enough to not be confused with his iconic raider touchdown call.

The man has an extremely good memory and will often bring up specific plays that happened a long time ago, and will detail great nuance to really frame a moment. 

This is tremendous news IMO. 

I prefer the radio broadcast over the joke fox sticks us with everyweek. They have excellent pregame information that really enhances watching the game lol 

but in reality, football on the radio is not a media type consumed by a large number of people 

Coincidentally, I ran into Joe starky on the way out of the bears game. I remember thinking how much more I liked him than Ted Robinson. Life is funny sometimes

I like Greg Papa, but he's been the Raiders so long it's going to sound strange with him as the new voice of the 49ers. Still, it's an upgrade. I never thought Ted Robinson had a great voice. I wonder if Tim Ryan will stick around. Hope so.

EDIT: Tim Ryan is staying. Fabulous.

Archived