Glazer: "I see Jaguars blowing up that roster."

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Must be even more behind the scenes that we don’t know about.

There had to have been.

Such a shame. How did they not do more of a background look at him? Pretty early in his career to cut ties this quick, and although he hasn't lived up talent wise, we wouldn't be cutting bait so quickly if there wasn't obvious off field issues.

Taking a running back top 5 is already risky, taking one that has serious issues off the field? Insanity.

23 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I think that's fair to say at this point.

Nobody is going to take him with his issues the Florida Times Union article that I posted said he’s not interested in rehabilitating his injuries.. and he would loaf off during team meetings. This guy has some serious issues no GM is going to take that headache while giving up compensation... while knowing these things are public knowledge now.. they will just wait for the Jags to cut him. 

Sometimes you don't know what a guy is really like until you're already in the weeds. He's never had an off-the-field concerns and never had to face adversity at LSU. Has probably never had to do a lot to perform well either with how gifted he is. I don't want to pile on to Fournette when we still don't have the full story, but it's believable that even with due diligence how this sort of thing could be missed.

Sign a vet RB and draft a RB in the mid-rounds, imo. NCAA keeps pumping out good RB classes and this is another one. @.Buzz let's get that David Montgomery up in here. Hakeem Butler too while we're at it.

1 minute ago, DuvalsKing said:

Nobody is going to take him with his issues the Florida Times Union article that I posted said he’s not interested in rehabilitating his injuries.. and he would loaf off during team meetings. This guy has some serious issues no GM is going to take that headache while giving up compensation... while knowing these things are public knowledge now.. they will just wait for the Jags to cut him. 

PerfumedNewHairstreak-small.gif

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Sometimes you don't know what a guy is really like until you're already in the weeds. He's never had an off-the-field concerns and never had to face adversity at LSU. Has probably never had to do a lot to perform well either with how gifted he is. I don't want to pile on to Fournette when we still don't have the full story, but it's believable that even with due diligence how this sort of thing could be missed.

Sign a vet RB and draft a RB in the mid-rounds, imo. NCAA keeps pumping out good RB classes and this is another one. @.Buzz let's get that David Montgomery up in here. Hakeem Butler too while we're at it.

Yeah, just frustrating. If I'm taking a RB I need all the elite traits and squeeky clean off the field. Maybe this was the case for Fournette, idk, just frustrating looking back.

Montgomery would be a good get. I've seen some mocks of him going late round 1 though. We'd have to jump at him in the early 2nd. 

Hakeem Butler would be the ideal big target we need at WR. He really is a freak. If we got QB or a something that isn't WR round 1 I would be all for it in round 2.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Yeah, just frustrating. If I'm taking a RB I need all the elite traits and squeeky clean off the field. Maybe this was the case for Fournette, idk, just frustrating looking back.

Montgomery would be a good get. I've seen some mocks of him going late round 1 though. We'd have to jump at him in the early 2nd. 

Hakeem Butler would be the ideal big target we need at WR. He really is a freak. If we got QB or a something that isn't WR round 1 I would be all for it in round 2.

Eh, I think sometimes it's hard to really tell how someone will react to adversity when they haven't really faced it. I think Fournette just lacks maturity. It sucks, but it happens and unfortunately RB is a position where you need to mature fast in the NFL. Maybe he turns it around like others have (Corey Dillon, Marshawn Lynch, etc.) and maybe he doesn't. It probably won't be with us though. 

I lean toward agreeing with you on Montgomery, but it seems like a lot of draftniks have cooled on him. Keep in mind too that at this point last year, a lot of people considered Akrum Wadley a likely lock for Day 2 of the draft and not only did he go undrafted, he hasn't been on an NFL roster since preseason (and really, it honestly seems like he's not too interested).

2 minutes ago, MightyRx said:

Jaguars getting rid of 6-7 players =/= blow up.

Yeah, I think it's a bit of hyperbole. Perhaps in terms of $$$ it may look like a blow up, but really it won't be too far from a typical retooling we see a lot of teams do each year. I'd consider a true "blow up" to be similar to what we saw in after the 2008 and 2012 seasons.

2 minutes ago, MightyRx said:

Jaguars getting rid of 6-7 players =/= blow up.

I mean, considering they are all starters, isn't it?

Gip, Malik, Fournette, Bortles, Cann, Church, and a couple more defenders is a pretty massive shakeup for a team in one off-season.

2 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Eh, I think sometimes it's hard to really tell how someone will react to adversity when they haven't really faced it. I think Fournette just lacks maturity. It sucks, but it happens and unfortunately RB is a position where you need to mature fast in the NFL. Maybe he turns it around like others have (Corey Dillon, Marshawn Lynch, etc.) and maybe he doesn't. It probably won't be with us though. 

I lean toward agreeing with you on Montgomery, but it seems like a lot of draftniks have cooled on him. Keep in mind too that at this point last year, a lot of people considered Akrum Wadley a likely lock for Day 2 of the draft and not only did he go undrafted, he hasn't been on an NFL roster since preseason (and really, it honestly seems like he's not too interested).

I guess we'll see on Montgomery. His production and ability to make guys miss/break tackles is pretty elite. I doubt he falls far if he does, but stranger things have happened as you said.

Safe to say it definitely won't be with us for Fournette. All the social media signs, getting called out by the FO, etc. just screams gone in the coming months.

Yay.  Excited to see that the same dudes who put together the team that performed like absolute garbage in 2018, are now apparently gearing up to throw those very same players they assembled, under the bus for in fact...not being as good as they evaluated them to be.  9_9

Like yeah, changes are going to come.  That was always a given, considering the cap situation they set up...and the fact that the offense was completely and utterly worthless this year just accentuated that.

This whole Fournette thing is moronic though.  Not only are the same men who drafted this guy Top-5 still all sticking around, they're now trying to pin the failure of the offense on him too?  Because they couldn't find a QB worth anything to run the offense?  Because their OLine crumbled to pieces, and they didn't think to invest in a viable "power back" Plan B until mid-season when they got frustrated with the guy being injured?  So they're going move him...?  For what?    Maybe you get a later pick that maybe has a small chance of being as good as Fournette can be when healthy?

This team with a useless offense...is apparently gearing up the media machine to sling mud at Fournette and soften the blow when they trade a competent and at times, absolutely difference-making RB with big upside and solid, if unreliable downside...for late round magic beans?  Creating yet another hole in an offense already comprised almost entirely of holes that need to be patched.  We only have so many picks to patch holes, and they're looking to poke new ones?  Eeeeesh this is maddening.

I really hope this is just smoke and nothing comes of it.  But if they follow through on this course and where it seems to be headed...there'd better be some Kareem Hunt level unacceptable off-the-field **** going on behind the scenes or something, to justify this.

17 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Ramsey, Bouye, Harrison, Campbell, Jack, Ngakoue, Dareus, Abry, Chark, Cam Robinson, and Dede are the only guys I definitely want to see stick. Abry was a flat out monster in the run game this year.

Telvin, Norwell, Linder, ASJ, Cole, and a couple others are good bounce back candidates.

Unless telvin figures out how to cover its doubtful that hes worth 12 million

"Blowing up" the roster in the course of these 2 years of going from highly successful to abysmal would be a mistake. It would demonstrate that all the decisions made to lead the success were just by chance and that the staff that lead that same team to a winning season has absolutely no clue of what identity they want and what they're trying to build. If this happens, look for the Jaguars to continue to be a laughing stock until someone new and concrete with what they want to be identified as a team comes along. 

Archived