Glazer: "I see Jaguars blowing up that roster."

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

If you had the option of trading Ramsey for the QB in the draft that you wanted without giving up your first rounder, would you do it? He's obviously the best CB in the league, but a top QB stretches further than a top CB.

Yes. 

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

If you had the option of trading Ramsey for the QB in the draft that you wanted without giving up your first rounder, would you do it? He's obviously the best CB in the league, but a top QB stretches further than a top CB.

You'll get varying opinions here probably...but yeah.  At the end of the day...our elite "best in the league" QB couldn't do a single thing to stop this team from the 7th worst record in the league.  It's the nature of the position really.  The same argument i think can be made for why they might look to get something for Ramsey if he's becoming a bit of a malcontent, or is looking for one of those "highest paid in the league" sort of deals...or of course, if he's just showing indications that he's going to walk as a FA anyway.

Caveat though being, i'm also not as sold on the "top QB" in this draft as others.  There's a ton to like with Haskins, but there's at least a few guys i would've taken ahead of him last year for instance.  Big price to pay to roll the dice on a quasi 1-year-wonder Urban Meyer QB.  Even if the upside looks to be there, and you're not going anywhere until you get a QB.

Still make the deal though.  As long as it's not including much else.

Here we go again with the "sauces".

Khan just made a statement about wanting stability and next season not being a repeat of this season (which led to the return of the three amigos) and here is the national media "experts" talking about blowing up the roster.

Fournette won't be cut,  but they will likely look to deal him and if a deal makes sense you do it. Otherwise, you bring him back while drafting (or looking at other options via FA). 

Gipson isn't going, at least not yet.  Maybe next year.  He wasn't and isn't perfect,  but he's far from a major problem that you just cut bait. 

Malik or Dareus will be gone,  but not both. Malik quietly had a good finish, but Bryan probably pushes him out.

Parnell needs to be replaced by a young guy, but with all the ? on the OL I think you have to bring him back until a replacement emerges. $4M isn't all that expensive when this next FA market opens.

Bouye isn't going. Cmon now.

6 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Khan just made a statement about wanting stability and next season not being a repeat of this season (which led to the return of the three amigos) and here is the national media "experts" talking about blowing up the roster.

Fournette won't be cut,  but they will likely look to deal him and if a deal makes sense you do it. Otherwise, you bring him back while drafting (or looking at other options via FA). 

Gipson isn't going, at least not yet.  Maybe next year.  He wasn't and isn't perfect,  but he's far from a major problem that you just cut bait. 

Malik or Dareus will be gone,  but not both. Malik quietly had a good finish, but Bryan probably pushes him out.

Parnell needs to be replaced by a young guy, but with all the ? on the OL I think you have to bring him back until a replacement emerges. $4M isn't all that expensive when this next FA market opens.

I think you're going to be surprised by what occurs this off-season. Gotta cut more than Malik/Bortles/Parnell to open up space if we're going to bring in any type of vet at QB or do anything in FA. Our draft class will cost like 7.5M alone too.

10 hours ago, Speedyg said:

I think this stuff is mostly reasonable and largely makes sense.  But i've come to not always expect reasonable or thoughtful out of these "three amigos".  Especially when, like Buzz points out...they're going to have to make changes to get their cap situation under control again.  Even more so if they want to make a splash in the FA market (especially at QB).  I think they've shown on a number of occasions, that they will make snap decisions.  They haven't always gone with what seems like the "common sense" route to a lot of fans.  They will bank on certain players as though their improvement and health are an eventuality, rather than a possibility.  Frankly...who really knows what bizarre decisions they might make with their backs up against a wall, desperate for a quick rebound season...with limited cap space and a massive QB problem.

On 1/3/2019 at 8:22 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

No, if only because I think a trade will be do-able without involving Ramsey at all. Would rather give up the picks tbh.

On 1/3/2019 at 8:22 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

If it were a different year, then yes. If we were trading him to draft Tua, Fromm, Lawrence, or Fields, then I would be all aboard that train. For the gentlemen coming out this year, I'll pass.

1 hour ago, Jags said:

If it were a different year, then yes. If we were trading him to draft Tua, Fromm, Lawrence, or Fields, then I would be all aboard that train. For the gentlemen coming out this year, I'll pass.

We know Fields will be a great pro prospect how? Also, Fromm needs a lot of development to become that too.

We always view guys who are a year+ out in a higher light than guys now and I don't get why. I get it if there's a Luck level prospect, but...

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

We know Fields will be a great pro prospect how? Also, Fromm needs a lot of development to become that too.

We always view guys who are a year+ out in a higher light than guys now and I don't get why. I get it if there's a Luck level prospect, but...

Agreed I’m not yet sold on Fromm but I am sold on Tua and Lawrence hype is up on Fields because they see the success of Lawrence and Fields out played Lawrence at the Elite11 camp. So they assume Fields will be as good as Lawrence if not better. 

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm not sold on Fromm either. The jury is still out on Fields. I'd like to see how he does at OSU with Urban Meyer but Tua and Lawrence are game changers

Agreed on Fields you have to be able to do it on the actual stage. But Urban won’t be coaching Fields next year their OC is moving to Head ball coach.

1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

Agreed I’m not yet sold on Fromm but I am sold on Tua and Lawrence hype is up on Fields because they see the success of Lawrence and Fields out played Lawrence at the Elite11 camp. So they assume Fields will be as good as Lawrence if not better. 

Tua has his questions too though. His durability is going to be a major question.

Even so. No reason to think the guys not named Tua/Lawrence from his list would be better pro prospects than Lock and/or Jones. Both are legit QB prospects. 

Archived