Glazer: "I see Jaguars blowing up that roster."

.Buzz

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Aren't you guys over the cap next year and need to make a few moves to sign draft picks and be under the cap?

Yes and no. I suspect we'll have a bit of wiggle room after rollovers. Cutting one of Malik or Dareus gives us $11M roughly. I don't expect Hyde to be back, so that's another $5M off (he's counting in our cap right now).

Possibility they restructure Calais too.

2 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Yes and no. I suspect we'll have a bit of wiggle room after rollovers. Cutting one of Malik or Dareus gives us $11M roughly. I don't expect Hyde to be back, so that's another $5M off (he's counting in our cap right now).

Possibility they restructure Calais too.

Yea basically there are 5-8 different guys that could be cut that would give us a significant amount of space once we include the rollover

I'm not sure if the rollover is included but according to overthgcap: cutting Dareus, Bortles and Hyde would already put us at 16M under the cap 

On 1/5/2019 at 1:54 PM, .Buzz said:

We know Fields will be a great pro prospect how? Also, Fromm needs a lot of development to become that too.

We always view guys who are a year+ out in a higher light than guys now and I don't get why. I get it if there's a Luck level prospect, but...

Fields still has the jury out and the same can be said for Fromm, but I feel like Tua and Lawrence are at the Luck level. 

On 05/01/2019 at 11:54 AM, .Buzz said:

We know Fields will be a great pro prospect how? Also, Fromm needs a lot of development to become that too.

We always view guys who are a year+ out in a higher light than guys now and I don't get why. I get it if there's a Luck level prospect, but...

Sometimes it's all "grass in always greener".  Other times, it's just looking at the current class and not being impressed.  It's not hard to project that there are a handful of guys next year who not only have many of the same sort of traits you look for as the guys this year...but will have an entire year to potentially grow and improve.  Sure, some of them probably won't.  Flaws can always come out under that magnifying glass too.  But maybe somebody else forces their way into the picture too.  Things will undoubtedly change with the 2020 QB Class picture between now and draft day 2020...but sometimes, it really is just a general impression of a better/deeper class.  And/or just not being enamored with the current group.

I mean...last year's 2018 QB class had some big headliner names, and largely held serve on that through the year, while actually picking up a #1 overall pick type guy along the way.  I don't recall any "awww this year's QB class isn't great, let's just wait until next year for...???" really creeping in last year.  Because it was a class that actually looked loaded with high upside QB talent at the top.

I think when you look at this year's class sandwiched between last year's class that featured 5 first rounders...and next year's class which looks like it could end up with a trio of Top-5 type talents...it's easy enough to see that it might not just be hyping the next year's crop, just because.  It's more just that the light has been shone on the guys in this draft, and it's revealed some fairly concerning issues in all of them.  The issues with Lock for instance, are pretty much identical to what they were when it looked like he might be part of last year's class...and was generally valued behind the other top guys in that class by most.

Sometimes a weak looking QB class is just exactly what it looks like.  Both from a year ago, and mostly today (if only redeemed slightly by Haskins really entering the picture at the top).  Walks like a duck, talks like a duck...sometimes, it's just a duck.  

Archived