Rank Your Choices for Head Coach

AnAngryAmerican

51 minutes ago, Dale Finlay said:

I would not have a problem at all if Mike S was brought in as our head coach and Kubiak as OC,imagine our running game with Lindsay/Freeman, in turn would protect the offense from Case until next year when we have a shot at a legitimate QB in draft,keep our defense off the field.Strong draft in trenches this year so I say draft accordingly this year[ lineman on both sides] sprinkle in a DB/LB ,I still believe if you can run the ball and play good def chances are still good for winning in NFL[ see Baltimore this year]

I was just going to say that.

Welcome to the forum.

5 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I was just going to say that.

Welcome to the forum.

thanks,bronco fanatic for 35 years , the last couple years have been disgusting offensively, a good run game hides bad QB play and it benefits the def huge, I do believe we have the makings of a playoff team not superbowl until we get a QB

17 minutes ago, Dale Finlay said:

thanks,bronco fanatic for 35 years , the last couple years have been disgusting offensively, a good run game hides bad QB play and it benefits the def huge, I do believe we have the makings of a playoff team not superbowl until we get a QB

I might have a few years on ya. I liked your emphasis on the trenches.

Granted, the games changed, back and forth for years but one constant remains. Win the battle at the LOS and winning becomes much easier.

Pete Carroll and the Seahawks coaching impress the hell out of me. They make extreme adjustments....kicker hurt no problem...passing game not that great...no problem we will go RPO because Dallas isn't making adjustments...

This is what we need...coaches playing chess when the others are playing checkers.

2 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Pete Carroll and the Seahawks coaching impress the hell out of me. They make extreme adjustments....kicker hurt no problem...passing game not that great...no problem we will go RPO because Dallas isn't making adjustments...

This is what we need...coaches playing chess when the others are playing checkers.

I really like Brian Shottenheimer or however you spell that name. He disappeared after the Jets runs but he fits the Seattle offensive oc to a t.

OFor me I would like to see maybe a lineup like

HC Mike Munchak

OC Jim Bob Cooter

DC Todd Bowles

Munchak has made every unit he's been with better. He improved the Titans and when he left they fell off a cliff. He had more wins his last season than they did the next 3. The 10 years before Munchak the Steelers were 2nd worst Oline for sacks and in the 5years since they are 2nd best. Everywhere he has gone he got the best of his talent. 

Cooter is a good young offensive mind who has helped Stafford have some of his best production. Peyton has raved about him before and his familiarity with Denver could help. 

Bowles has had great success as a DC. He is versed in a variety of schemes and will put the players in position to produce

I would also love to see them pry away Bill Callahan as Oline coach. I doubt it would happen but it would be fantastic

34 minutes ago, elwayfan07 said:

OFor me I would like to see maybe a lineup like

HC Mike Munchak

OC Jim Bob Cooter

DC Todd Bowles

Munchak has made every unit he's been with better. He improved the Titans and when he left they fell off a cliff. He had more wins his last season than they did the next 3. The 10 years before Munchak the Steelers were 2nd worst Oline for sacks and in the 5years since they are 2nd best. Everywhere he has gone he got the best of his talent. 

Cooter is a good young offensive mind who has helped Stafford have some of his best production. Peyton has raved about him before and his familiarity with Denver could help. 

Bowles has had great success as a DC. He is versed in a variety of schemes and will put the players in position to produce

I would also love to see them pry away Bill Callahan as Oline coach. I doubt it would happen but it would be fantastic

I agree with most of your post but I've been quite happy with the OL coaches. Not sure why you'd want to change them.

28 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I agree with most of your post but I've been quite happy with the OL coaches. Not sure why you'd want to change them.

For me it's more of an affinity for Callahan as Oline coaches than it is a problem with the current staff. Seeing as new coaches often means staff turnover, if he brings a new OL coach, Callahan would be at the top of my list

18 hours ago, elwayfan07 said:

For me it's more of an affinity for Callahan as Oline coaches than it is a problem with the current staff. Seeing as new coaches often means staff turnover, if he brings a new OL coach, Callahan would be at the top of my list

They blocked other teams from interviewing our oline coach  doubt he leaves.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

They blocked other teams from interviewing our oline coach  doubt he leaves.

If he isn't retained, Elway's going to get a ton of additional bad PR.   It's one thing to retain him because you want to keep a guy.   If the new HC doesn't retain him, man that's going to be some seriously bad PR.  I hope Kugler stays as well, but it's definitely taken a sideways turn if Kugler doesn't stay.

Archived