Rank Your Choices for Head Coach

AnAngryAmerican

Klis thinks we're "leaning" towards Fangio, he said that on the Broncos radio station. I got that feeling yesterday reading Klis' piece on 9news about the Fangio interview and this kind of confirms it. We all know Klis is a mouthpiece for the organization and the way MHR has been all over what a great coach Fangio will be you have to believe that is the route we will go. 

What a disappointment that would be, more than even Munchak. 

Fangio would be a really good hire for your defense. He is very very straight forward and I'm not sure how that would work as the HC of a team. The man really knows his Xs and Os and perhaps the reason he would be hired would be to stop the Chiefs and Raiders?

Pairing him with a OC is obviously critical. The whole league is hiring offensive wiz kids, lets see how long that lasts until that blows up in people's faces. When everyone is zigging, zagging makes a lot of sense.

4 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

The way things are going I am leaning more towards Fangio - someone who won't be a yes-man.

At the end of the day the candidate pool is meh

Would still prefer Shanahan

Just reading through and saw this comment....

Munchak isn't a yes man, if I'm reading your comment right.  He was fired in TN because he wouldn't go along with what ownership and GM wanted. They wanted him to fire a lot of his assistants and he said no.  

Munchak will expect disciplined football. I know that he is the BEST O-line coach in the game, but crazy enough our line got worst when he became Head Coach. So I don't know if hiring him will make the line better by connection.  

I like Munch tho. 

I'd be fine with the Fangio hire. Definitely my favorite of the lot. Elway will never swallow his pride and try a full-scale rebuild and Fangio is the guy who probably gets the most out of the current talent on the team, so it would make sense. 

I would be okay with Munchak too. Never even took the Taylor interview seriously other than as a potential OC courting, and Flores...you know. Pagano is just a cornball. 

41 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Klis thinks we're "leaning" towards Fangio, he said that on the Broncos radio station. I got that feeling yesterday reading Klis' piece on 9news about the Fangio interview and this kind of confirms it. We all know Klis is a mouthpiece for the organization and the way MHR has been all over what a great coach Fangio will be you have to believe that is the route we will go. 

What a disappointment that would be, more than even Munchak. 

Have you posted why you prefer Munchak? 

I'm pretty indifferent between the two tbh. I feel like I'd lean towards the offensive side, but don't really have a strong take either way

10 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Fangio would be a really good hire for your defense. He is very very straight forward and I'm not sure how that would work as the HC of a team. The man really knows his Xs and Os and perhaps the reason he would be hired would be to stop the Chiefs and Raiders?

Pairing him with a OC is obviously critical. The whole league is hiring offensive wiz kids, lets see how long that lasts until that blows up in people's faces. When everyone is zigging, zagging makes a lot of sense.

Not sure zagging is hiring a head coach like Fangio. This isn't the 1990's NFL. This team needs a QB and I don't see Fangio as a guy that speaks that language.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Not sure zagging is hiring a head coach like Fangio. This isn't the 1990's NFL. This team needs a QB and I don't see Fangio as a guy that speaks that language.

Elway / Kubiak ego probably thinking they will handle the QB/Offense while Fangio is more of a D coach. 

8 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Have you posted why you prefer Munchak? 

I'm pretty indifferent between the two tbh. I feel like I'd lean towards the offensive side, but don't really have a strong take either way

Well it’s really like choosing between living in Iceland or Finland, there’s not much difference and I would greatly perfer somewhere else to both. 

One reason why I’d pefer Munchak is that he would have some more influence over the offense and has sat in the HC chair before. With Fangio it will be he as HC/DC and Kubiak as Asst HC/OC. The league is going young, innovative, different, Kubiak and Fangio just scream “1995 is calling.”

The 3 bad Broncos HCs in my life have been all rookie HCs - Wade in early 90s, Mac and then Vance - and we’re going that way again. At 60 years old and bringing the gruff personality he has, Fangio has to be set in his ways.

its 2019 and this franchise is operating like its still the 1990s. The league is an offensive league and we’re hiring a never-won-anything, always been a coordinator,  60 year old defensive guy. 

When the writing was on the wall (last year) that Vance wasn’t the guy I got excited for the day we’d hire a new HC and this whole last week-plus has just been one disappointment after another. 

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

No kidding. When Fangio got his first DC job teams still did the “hip, hip, hurray!” chant before games. 

Totally get the reservations about Kubiak and Co. getting yet another crack at the offense. I don't think anybody is excited for that. But Fangio isn't some dinosaur, he's adapted to the changing NFL as well as anyone. Look at what his defense did to McVay's offense. It's a fast, aggressive defense that mixes up coverages constantly and creates a lot of confusion. 

As a leader, I don't get the impression of a "rah-rah" old school guy at all. More of a cerebral type who has no time for BS and wouldn't treat Von or Chris Harris any differently than the 53rd guy on the team. Not an authoritarian, but not trying to be everyone's friend like VJ either. And not a total cornball like Chuck Pagano. 

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

As a leader, I don't get the impression of a "rah-rah" old school guy at all. More of a cerebral type who has no time for BS and wouldn't treat Von or Chris Harris any differently than the 53rd guy on the team. Not an authoritarian, but not trying to be everyone's friend like VJ either. And not a total cornball like Chuck Pagano. 

Sounds like he will be a great leader of men. 

Who wants to wager that in his introductory presser Fangio says the defense “will be more aggressive,” with him calling the shots? 🙄

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Sounds like he will be a great leader of men. 

Who wants to wager that in his introductory presser Fangio says the defense “will be more aggressive,” with him calling the shots? 🙄

I don't care about the lip service. His track record speaks for itself. 

Archived