Rank Your Choices for Head Coach

AnAngryAmerican

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

What's your plan with Munchak? Who is your OC and who is running your defense?

Kubiak OC either way.   They are going to try and fix Keenum (good luck but we are pot committed).    Kubiak actually stumped for Keenum he has a soft spot for guys with no actual talent but all grit.    On D no idea if it’s Munchak.  

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

What's your plan with Munchak? Who is your OC and who is running your defense?

We're replacing the entire spear tip, HC, OC and DC. Kubiak seems to be a lock for OC. Thats why Fangio makes so much sense to me. HC and excellent DC in one package..

As far as Munchak, it looks like it will be either he or Fangio as our new HC. If Munchak's the hire we're still looking for a DC.

2 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

We're replacing the entire spear tip, HC, OC and DC. Kubiak seems to be a lock for OC. Thats why Fangio makes so much sense to me. HC and excellent DC in one package..

As far as Munchak, it looks like it will be either he or Fangio as our new HC. If Munchak's the hire we're still looking for a DC.

Yeah I'm starting to prepare myself for losing him. Sucks.

2 hours ago, French Fan said:

If Flores is a Rooney rule and Pagano out. Why Denver wanted Zak Taylor if not for a OC ?

I think Vic Fangio will be the next HC and DC and Taylor OC with Kubiak Assisant HC. Too much works for Fangio with HC and DC position.

Mcvay blocked Taylor from going anywhere besides being a head coach. Which tells me he's promoting him.

If Kubiak is OC, you would have to be an idiot to accept this HC gig. Why take a HC gig when your OC is guaranteed to have more influence in the GM's ear than you? Its a recepie for distrust and undermining.

I just dont think Kubiak should have a place in this coaching staff. Hell, make him HC (Bad decision) before making him OC (Worse decision).

Nothing exciting about this possibility.

36 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

If Kubiak is OC, you would have to be an idiot to accept this HC gig. Why take a HC gig when your OC is guaranteed to have more influence in the GM's ear than you? Its a recepie for distrust and undermining.

I just dont think Kubiak should have a place in this coaching staff. Hell, make him HC (Bad decision) before making him OC (Worse decision).

Years from now, this era Broncos version of an Org Chart will be an example of how not to run a franchise. 

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I was wondering if someone would mention this. Hiring an HC and then forcing a OC on him who just so happens to be your right hand man, how's that going to work? So if Fangio takes the job it's to be a glorified DC I guess??

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

I was wondering if someone would mention this. Hiring an HC and then forcing a OC on him who just so happens to be your right hand man, how's that going to work? So if Fangio takes the job it's to be a glorified DC I guess??

Im not sure that Kubiak is going to be the OC. Several Denver writers have all said that he will be back in some fashion but not necessarily OC. They say it is more likely he has a general Offensive Assistant Role and help to mentor a young OC and helps the HC with game management etc. 

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I mean, I'd assume that it would be discussed with the potential HC and they would be on board. And Kubiak is an elite level coordinator. But I agree that it's in line with all of Elway's crappy management tactics and could end poorly. The power structure in the organization is definitely whack.

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The Broncos project to have Kubiak and a younger assistant, likely with recent work in college football, leading the offensive staff. The aim is to have Kubiak mentor as the Broncos consider him for everything from offensive coordinator to an assistant head coach type of role. - Jeff Legwold ESPN

I think this is a great way to use Kubiak. He has had success and has a wealth of knowledge. This allows Denver to take advantage of this and still modernize their offense

I think this is a great way to use Kubiak. He has had success and has a wealth of knowledge. This allows Denver to take advantage of this and still modernize their offense

He can mentor without being part of the coaching staff. He should not be put in a position that could undermine the HC. It would be simple human nature for Elway to turn to his close friend should the season have bumps and bruises rather than the new HC, and thats a really bad thing. There needs to be a clear top-down structure with each being subbordinate to the next, but with all being open to critique and new imput. Thats how a good org works. This is like those mob movies where they try to have two top bosses and upon the first sign of trouble it all falls apart. All precident show moves like this turn out bad at a high %.

4 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

He can mentor without being part of the coaching staff. He should not be put in a position that could undermine the HC. It would be simple human nature for Elway to turn to his close friend should the season have bumps and bruises rather than the new HC, and thats a really bad thing. There needs to be a clear top-down structure with each being subbordinate to the next, but with all being open to critique and new imput. Thats how a good org works. This is like those mob movies where they try to have two top bosses and upon the first sign of trouble it all falls apart. All precident show moves like this turn out bad at a high %.

You are not wrong. However, I am not panicking until I see what the dynamic is. If Kubiak is " Offensive Consultant" or a general " Offensive Assistant" then it is not a big deal. Other teams have these general assistant positions and there are no issues. I do agree that with Elway there does need to be a clear chain of command. However, for me it comes down to the execution not the existence of Kubiak in the position. 

Archived