Rank Your Choices for Head Coach

AnAngryAmerican

I have moved my opinion and am all in on Taylor, as long as he comes with Daniel Jones in R1. Roll the dice. We need to score big on a coach and QB to become relevant again.

Yes, its nice to have some young guys play well but the reality is the true top tier young talent on this team is pretty shallow. We get excited when Tim Patrick makes a play that may cement him as the WR4 of the future. We need to hit big on all levels. Swinging on Taylor and hitting would be absolutley huge for this team.

I think we need to back away from the edge a bit. All this "swing for the fences", roll the dice" Spin the wheel.....................  Thats just not how a franchise is built. That's more like 60's Broncos and why they sucked for so long.

We made some good steps this year. Great draft, good player development. Got rid of VJ. We just need to continue. Contrary to what I've been reading, there's not one coach or college QB that can significantly shorten the process. We need more talent on the roster, and reputable HC, OC and DC. Then it's just time. Draft, develop and repeat.

Denver didn't have a winning season until they hired John Ralston who did just that. We haven't really looked back since then. 

By swinging for the fences you end up with coaches like Mac and QB's like Tebow and Lynch.

6 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I think we need to back away from the edge a bit. All this "swing for the fences", roll the dice" Spin the wheel.....................  Thats just not how a franchise is built. That's more like 60's Broncos and why they sucked for so long.

We made some good steps this year. Great draft, good player development. Got rid of VJ. We just need to continue. Contrary to what I've been reading, there's not one coach or college QB that can significantly shorten the process. We need more talent on the roster, and reputable HC, OC and DC. Then it's just time. Draft, develop and repeat.

Denver didn't have a winning season until they hired John Ralston who did just that. We haven't really looked back since then. 

By swinging for the fences you end up with coaches like Mac and QB's like Tebow and Lynch.

There is no place for your voice of reason on the internet!!

FWIW it would be really surprising if we hired Fangio.   Ellis sat in on several of the interviews but didn’t bother making the trip to CHI.  

Ellis has said Elway will make the final call but we know from last year and Shanny Sr. he still is the one giving the green light (or not).    Would be a major upset if Fangio was the hire. 

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Or they really really like the deep dish pizza.  

I was kidding obv but there’s more going on now.   If that report is true (Biggs is a CHI beat reporter) then the delay may not be to get a longer look.   Guess we we’ll find out soon enough. 

I dont think Zac Taylor is a huge 'swing for the fences' type. There is precedent in a young talent like him succeeding in this league. He is a former starting QB, he was a QB coach by the time he could rent a car basically. He oversaw the tremendous growth that Goff showed from year one-to-two and helped make Tannenhill look above average for a few seasons. He is by all accounts a prodigy. Until this team gets a support system and developmental team in place to grow a young QB, we are going nowhere. I think Zac can help alot with that process.

Its also worth noting that LAR schemed tons of quick strike type plays that required Goff to get rid of the ball really, really fast and make really quick decisions. Its an offense that a certain Daniel Jones would flourish in.

11 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

The John Harbaugh connection is right there, and nobody can see it but me, because I am like totally awesome....wasn't Kubiak JH's OC just a few years ago?  If Harbaugh wants out of B-More, or they fire him...that has to be the play, right? 

Just like beauty it's really in the eye of the beholder now isn't it.

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I dont think Zac Taylor is a huge 'swing for the fences' type. There is precedent in a young talent like him succeeding in this league. He is a former starting QB, he was a QB coach by the time he could rent a car basically. He oversaw the tremendous growth that Goff showed from year one-to-two and helped make Tannenhill look above average for a few seasons. He is by all accounts a prodigy. Until this team gets a support system and developmental team in place to grow a young QB, we are going nowhere. I think Zac can help alot with that process.

Its also worth noting that LAR schemed tons of quick strike type plays that required Goff to get rid of the ball really, really fast and make really quick decisions. Its an offense that a certain Daniel Jones would flourish in.

So, what coaching position are you advocating for?

Archived