LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

Just stumbled upon this connection.

If Cleveland choses a new head coach then Greg Williams and Freddie Kitchens will likely be out of job.

Williams has a close connection with Munchak from Tennessee Titans/Houston Oilers. So Munchak could possibily hire him as DC.

As for offensive coordinator Gregg Williams might recommend Kitchens but i'm unsure if he would be given a playcalling role?

35 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think Pettine has any ties to Mike McCarthy prior to this year.

They barely knew each other if I recall Pettine's introductory presser correctly. I'm guessing they got to know each other pretty well in a year though. Gotta think Pettine might like his chances to succeed better on a team with a tad more than Clark and Alexander. Depends where MM may land. Have to assume MM has been in contact with all the coaches he may want to bring along. Just something to think about. Same with Campen.

Topical not only for the HC position, but also OC...

http://www.optimumscouting.com/news/who-has-the-juice-nfl-quarterback-whisperers

Current non-OCs that rate highly are Jim Caldwell, Joe Lombardi, Adam Gase, Darrell Bevell, Shane Stietchen, and Mike Kafka.

Not saying I know enough about these guys to say whether or not they should be an OC, but it's a piece of information to consider.

Archived