LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Thoughts on Shane Waldron? Has ties to Belicheck and McVay and worked w/ LaFleur in LA.

Would guess he was on a 2yr contract and could sign on w/ LaFleur to be OC.

Have seen his name mentioned as a HC candidate on some fan pages.  Think he would be a nice addition to any staff.  Hard not to be impressed with LAR's passing game.

I'll be interested if LaF is going to be doing the play calling.

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Joe Barry might be a name for DC as well.

Who is he and does he run a 4-3?

I don't want Pettine back.  

All the defensive coordinators in the playoffs stand on the sidelines.  I know this is stupid, and I know defensive coordinators have a better view up there, but I want our defensive coordinator actively speaking to his players during a game.  I hate Box coordinators.  Hate them.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

All the defensive coordinators in the playoffs stand on the sidelines.  I know this is stupid, and I know defensive coordinators have a better view up there, but I want our defensive coordinator actively speaking to his players during a game.  I hate Box coordinators.  Hate them.

He  had kinda bad defenses in Washington in 2015 and 2016 and REALLY bad defenses in Detroit in 2007 and 2008 as a coordinator.

But he's now the assistant HC and linebackers under McVay and Wade  Phillips.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Also, I'm all about Spags now. I'd be thrilled if we land him.

On 1/3/2019 at 7:06 PM, cannondale said:

One thing I haven't seen mentioned. Pettine may decline an interview with the new HC and follow MM. I think I would.

If he is still under contract can he just leave if not fired for another DC position?  I suppose he could ask for his release but we don't know what kind of relationship, if any, he has with Lafleur.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Heard that’s one of the requirements for MM to get hire.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

If he is still under contract can he just leave if not fired for another DC position?  I suppose he could ask for his release but we don't know what kind of relationship, if any, he has with Lafleur.

Correct! He's under contract with the Packers, not LaFleur. We could release him or ask for compensation, say a draft pick. 

Archived