LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

5 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

First it was lack of talent, and now it's the scheme.  Sounds like you are prepared to blame everyone and everything but the coach who was actually responsible for the players development. This is precisely how you end up with under performing position coaches for years too long. 

Well put!

Karl Dorrell has a very established record coaching WRs. His background coaching QB and also being head coach and coordinator in college adds a useful perspective and experience to our coaching staff.

Rod Smith and Ed McCaffrey became only the second wide receiver duo to each catch 100 passes in a single season (2000).

- Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker, combined for an NFL record 26 touchdowns as a duo and a total of 189 combined catches.

The way it's shaping up our offensive staff might somewhat look like this:

Nathaniel Hackett — Offensive coordinator (I think Monken will be too high in demand and will look elsewhere for a playcalling gig)
Frank Pollack — Offensive line (With Campen likely gone Pollack seems to be an obvious candidate)
Brian Angelichio — Tight ends 
John DeFilippo— Quarterbacks (The Packers is a pass first offence making us a better match for DeFilippo than the Vikings- it also helps that Pettine hired him at Cleveland)
Tony Alford — Running backs (Might be difficult to entice him out of Ohio State- LaFleur knows him from his time at Notre Dame)
Karl Dorrell — Wide receivers

7 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

First it was lack of talent, and now it's the scheme.  Sounds like you are prepared to blame everyone and everything but the coach who was actually responsible for the players development. This is precisely how you end up with under performing position coaches for years too long. 

Except Hyde says Whitt is a great coach, so did Tramon, Shields, Woodson and Hayward. So maybe you need to look at the scheme because yes all the position coach does is follow the directions of the DC.

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

I’m hoping we go with more of a rehash vet at OC than an up and comer who is on HC watch lists. LaFluer is the de facto OC. Monkey or SF guy would be gone in a year

Yeah, unless they start awarding teams compensatory picks for losing coaches, I'm a fan of having smart old farts at the coordinator positions, or failed head coaches who don't want to be head coach again. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, unless they start awarding teams compensatory picks for losing coaches, I'm a fan of having smart old farts at the coordinator positions, or failed head coaches who don't want to be head coach again. 

I think I'd be pretty excited about Jim Caldwell here.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Except Hyde says Whitt is a great coach, so did Tramon, Shields, Woodson and Hayward. So maybe you need to look at the scheme because yes all the position coach does is follow the directions of the DC.

Some fans can't think that deep

Archived