LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

You feel black and white about it - fine by me. I don't agree and it's not worth the argument at this point

Lame argument. If someone disagrees with you it's not because they see things in black and white and you somehow don't.

This is a results-driven league. It's inconsistent for anyone to have wanted Capers and MM gone but want to retain Whitt.

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Lame argument. If someone disagrees with you it's not because they see things in black and white and you somehow don't.

This is a results-driven league. It's inconsistent for anyone to have wanted Capers and MM gone but want to retain Whitt.

If someone thinks the CB play is strictly on the CB coach - that's black and white

If someone thinks the CB play can be on the CB coach / DC / GM - that's not as black and white. If Hyde and Hayward aren't enough proof to muddy the waters, I got nothing

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

If someone thinks the CB play is strictly on the CB coach - that's black and white

If someone thinks the CB play can be on the CB coach / DC / GM - that's not as black and white

If someone thinks the the team play is strictly on the head coach - that's black and white, too.

10 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Not taking the bait - it's just not that important. 

You mean you can't defend your rationale that some coaches are responsible for their product but others are not, but some of it is black and white but some isn't. And your only explanation is "apples and oranges".

1 hour ago, hitnhope said:

And yet we watched a group of defensive backs bust coverage consistently for years.  We watched a group be a sieve against the pass, tackle poorly, and be on the lower end of the spectrum in takeaways.

Maybe it is other fans not thinking deep enough that they believe a few public words of (not necessarily an open and honest assessment) would seem to me thinking tha lacks depth.

Are you saying you think it's reasonable to think that maybe the never ending busted coverage problems in the secondary may point to a problem with the individuals who were coaching the secondary.?  Is that thinking too black and white?

Just now, incognito_man said:

You mean you can't defend your rationale that some coaches are responsible for their product but others are not, but some of it is black and white but some isn't. And your only explanation is "apples and oranges".

Already did to my satisfaction. If you want to prove to me that the CB play was all on Whitt - feel free. I'm done with it. 

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Are you saying you think it's reasonable to think that maybe the never ending busted coverage problems in the secondary may point to a problem with the individuals who were coaching the secondary.?  Is that thinking too black and white?

Whitt was good at teaching individual technique but not coverage.

15 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Already did to my satisfaction. If you want to prove to me that the CB play was all on Whitt - feel free. I'm done with it. 

Pretty clearly my point has always been this is a results driven league so anyone in favor of firing other coaches for lackluster results should feel similarly about Whitt.

All of football contains a million variables. Coaches are highly compensated to overcome these. Whitt hasn't recently, his product has been extremely disappointing.

Archived