Jump to content
incognito_man

LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Who is he and does he run a 4-3?

I don't want Pettine back.  

All the defensive coordinators in the playoffs stand on the sidelines.  I know this is stupid, and I know defensive coordinators have a better view up there, but I want our defensive coordinator actively speaking to his players during a game.  I hate Box coordinators.  Hate them.

Fangio is a booth guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BrettFavre004 said:

Fingers crossed for Zac Taylor and Mike Pettine

100% in on this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Who is he and does he run a 4-3?

I don't want Pettine back.  

All the defensive coordinators in the playoffs stand on the sidelines.  I know this is stupid, and I know defensive coordinators have a better view up there, but I want our defensive coordinator actively speaking to his players during a game.  I hate Box coordinators.  Hate them.

Ha, I pounded the table for this last year and got yelled at. I'm the same way, I think it does have an effect and especially would for a fiery guy like Pettine. Maybe LaFleur will request him to be on the sidelines. Usually it's up to the coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Fingers crossed for Zac Taylor and Mike Pettine

Same but wouldn’t McVay just have to promote Taylor to OC to get him to stay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Same but wouldn’t McVay just have to promote Taylor to OC to get him to stay?

He might have to do that for Waldron or Kromer too. Probably the reason he didn't announce an OC last year, promote the first guy who gets offered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe.  Does LA have an OC at all?

 

Possible Taylor could call plays here.  Would love for HC to be more involved in clock/game plan management in game, especially on special teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Maybe.  Does LA have an OC at all?

 

Possible Taylor could call plays here.  Would love for HC to be more involved in clock/game plan management in game, especially on special teams.

As others have said, you want the guy who can't be poached calling your plays. Otherwise you lose those guys if you do well. Just hire a good ST coach and let it take care of itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t worry about our coordinators being poached.  If they are doing well enough to get HC interviews, fantastic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zac Taylor has been interviewing for HC jobs - Arizona, Denver, and possibly the Bengals next. But who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I'm okay if he keeps Philbin in an "Associate Head Coach" 

2qm8hn.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

 

I don't want Pettine back.  

We gathered that from the previous 300 times you've mentioned it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

His brother is the WR coach and passing coordinator of San Francisco.

Nick Mullens' sculptor of Southern Mississippi gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Fangio is a booth guy.

He in the playoffs still?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×