LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Ever hear the phrase "you're only as strong as the weakest link"?

Every element of the coaching staff, the head coach and GM need to function properly to have any chance of success.If one starts failing it will start to affect the other links. If a position coach isn't doing a good enough job coaching and teaching those players it will create a knock on, a ripple effect throughout the team. Other positions might start overcompensating for their weak link and that will make them vulnerable. Good NFL teams will exploit that weakness.

That's just one example. Another example might be the coordinator not adjusting to injuries or the talent level of the team. A star player might be injured so a rookie has to step up but he cannot do all the things that the star player can do so any good coordinator worth their salt would make tactical adjustments to hide the weakness as much as possible. Maybe a coordinator is doing a poor job analysing his players, playing them out of position and feeding back bad info that goes up the chain ultimately leading to the player eventually leaving for FA because we didn't think he was good enough.

My point is everybody is responsible for their roles, their actions and decisions. When one is weak the result can be fatal. In our case unfortunately we had far too many weak links and it was almost impossible to overcome. We should not be absolving Whitt of any blame, he as well as the other coaches, Capers, McCarthy and Thompson are all responsible for the complacency that crept into this organisation.

I'm not surprised at all that we're clearing house from top to bottom.

Dilly, Dilly, well said.  Agree 100%!

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:
13 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

He was already gone but:

I feel like I remember a report about Rodgers thinking very very little of this guy. 

yeah, the report said Rodgers called him a fraud

56 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It was a McGinn piece.

Yep, the McGinn article tore into Raih pretty good.

A little blurb fro the article that I remember caught my attention

Entrusted by coach Mike McCarthy with the vital responsibility of bringing rookies J’Mon Moore (fourth round), Marquez Valdes-Scantling (fifth) and Equanimeous St. Brown (sixth), along with free agent Jake Kumerow, up to what had been the exacting standards of the Packers’ offense, Raih has fallen well short.

“They’ve got three young guys and they’re getting taught by a guy that doesn’t understand the offense,” said one source. “Guys have been bitching about it since August. The quarterback thinks he’s a complete fraud. Rodgers pretty much tells him he doesn’t know what he’s doing.”

Archived