LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

I've been digging around looking for potential QB coaches, unfortunately the pickings are very slim so I decided to look at former NFL QBs who could be candidates for QB coach.

There's one guy that could be interested in coaching: Dan Orlovsky 

Jim Caldwell offered Orlovsky a job midway through the 2017 season after the veteran quarterback decided to retire.

“I think you’re going to be remarkable coach in the future, if that’s what you’d like to do,” Caldwell said per Burke.

Orlovsky declined, saying he wasn’t ready to make that transition and needed to take a break. Since then, Orlovsky has become a Twitter favorite and has earned a job with ESPN as an analyst both at the pro and college level.

However, Orlovsky wouldn’t be opposed to join the coaching ranks this year.

“If I get a call from somewhere (where I have) ties, know those people and can see what the future will be, then maybe,” Orlovsky said.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019/1/3/18167353/dan-orlovsky-turned-down-lions-coaching-job-2017

LaFleur knows him from his time at Houston way back in 2008. He has ties to the NFC North and the chance to work with Rodgers would give him the best possible start to his coaching career.

Also an interesting article of potential NFL QB coaches: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2018/04/21/nfl-draft-2018-jordan-palmer-sam-darnold-ryan-lindley/536706002/

If LaFleur chooses to think outside the box then the likes of Jordan Palmer, Ryan Lindley, John Beck, Jimmy Clausen could also be considered. They are all working for various QB schools/agencies for offseason workouts and preparing draft QB for pro days, combine and of course for the NFL.

Matt Schaub is another QB that LaFleur has worked with before. He's still in the NFL as the Falcons backup QB. Is he thinking retirement yet? Is he interested in coaching?

Josh McCown is a name that come up before as a possible future coach but I don't think he's ready to move into coaching at this time. He doesn't have any links to LaFleur either.

There's a few quality control assistants in the NFL with a QB background: Steve Shimko (Seahawks),  T.C. McCartney (49ers), Spencer Phillips (Eagles), Marcus Brady (Colts), Dan Pitcher (Bengals)

Jim Bob Cooter is an obvious big name candidate available to consider for the QB coach spot. He's been under Caldwell, Gase, Daboll. I can imagine Caldwell and Gase chasing after him right now for a QB coach gig.

1 hour ago, Chili said:

I've been digging around looking for potential QB coaches, unfortunately the pickings are very slim so I decided to look at former NFL QBs who could be candidates for QB coach.

There's one guy that could be interested in coaching: Dan Orlovsky 

LaFleur knows him from his time at Houston way back in 2008. He has ties to the NFC North and the chance to work with Rodgers would give him the best possible start to his coaching career.

Also an interesting article of potential NFL QB coaches: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2018/04/21/nfl-draft-2018-jordan-palmer-sam-darnold-ryan-lindley/536706002/

If LaFleur chooses to think outside the box then the likes of Jordan Palmer, Ryan Lindley, John Beck, Jimmy Clausen could also be considered. They are all working for various QB schools/agencies for offseason workouts and preparing draft QB for pro days, combine and of course for the NFL.

Matt Schaub is another QB that LaFleur has worked with before. He's still in the NFL as the Falcons backup QB. Is he thinking retirement yet? Is he interested in coaching?

Josh McCown is a name that come up before as a possible future coach but I don't think he's ready to move into coaching at this time. He doesn't have any links to LaFleur either.

There's a few quality control assistants in the NFL with a QB background: Steve Shimko (Seahawks),  T.C. McCartney (49ers), Spencer Phillips (Eagles), Marcus Brady (Colts).

Jim Bob Cooter is an obvious big name candidate available to consider for the QB coach spot. He's been under Caldwell, Gase, Daboll. I can imagine Caldwell and Gase chasing after him right now for a QB coach gig.

How about Tony Romo? Probably no interest in coaching and no ties to LaFleur but he sure could be a great coach someday.

9 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Sounds crappy, although there's always two sides to every story.  Would be interesting to hear his side and also hear from other players who night have witnessed that.

It is true because you got to man up and do your job in the real world no matter how bad things are.

8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'm pretty sure over the last two weeks you've covered every possible permutation of coaching vacancies throughout your posts

Hah. Never predicted Hackett in a million years :(

Did not come up with Karl Dorrell either should we hire him for WR coach.

Archived