LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

Rizzi's family would have no part in moving to Green Bay. They wanted warm weather and next to the ocean. Green Bay is a very hard selling point to families of coaches this time of year especially spoiled ones. Wind chills of 50 below zero is nothing here. A day of 50 degrees is disaster down there...

31 minutes ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

Rizzi's family would have no part in moving to Green Bay. They wanted warm weather and next to the ocean. Green Bay is a very hard selling point to families of coaches this time of year especially spoiled ones. Wind chills of 50 below zero is nothing here. A day of 50 degrees is disaster down there...

Is it bad my dad wanted to take a job at LSU when I was young and my mom and I wouldn't let him take it to stay in South Dakota. I'm like inverted Rizzi

39 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

^ Remember that cruel moment when you found out, in front of the other guys, that it didn't rhyme with Dennis.

[Edit] Paged. Serves me right.

I'm so glad this made me go back to the last page lol. I'm the worst. Always destroying topics and that one dude was mad we talked about Rodgers...

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Is bald and tall worse than short and Fat? 

2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Is thick better than long?  Asking for a friend.  

2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

LOL.  His favorite saying was, “It might be short but at least it’s skinny”.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Can't hit the bottom of a Tuna can, but can blow the sides of one out.

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

penis

1 hour ago, blueswedeshoes said:

^ Remember that cruel moment when you found out, in front of the other guys, that it didn't rhyme with Dennis.

[Edit] Paged. Serves me right.

@blueswedeshoes

How is this

14 hours ago, Norm said:

Is it bad my dad wanted to take a job at LSU when I was young and my mom and I wouldn't let him take it to stay in South Dakota. I'm like inverted Rizzi

From an "environmental" perspective - probably a good decision. Louisiana is the definition of low country. It's also one of a band of states bordering the Gulf of Mexico riddled with petrochemical processing/refining industries and is a regular recipient of heavy metals washed up in sediments from the Gulf when hurricanes come calling. I suspect their drinking water (and consequently their food) has a lot of stuff in it thats not good for you over the long haul. Just a hunch.  

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

From an "environmental" perspective - probably a good decision. Louisiana is the definition of low country. It's also one of a band of states bordering the Gulf of Mexico riddled with petrochemical processing/refining industries and is a regular recipient of heavy metals washed up in sediments from the Gulf when hurricanes come calling. I suspect their drinking water (and consequently their food) has a lot of stuff in it thats not good for you over the long haul. Just a hunch.  

*looks at population of Louisiana*

This checks out. 

I think we're still yet to hire one or two offensive assistants otherwise we have completed building our coaching staff. I also had a look at the S&C coaches and have come up with some names as they have worked with LaFleur before. Ray Wright seems to be the most accomplished but Shanahan has just fired him from the 49ers. Kanavay is another guy who he knows that was just fired from the Titans. Malcolm Bracken is an impressive individual but I don't think he will leave the Redskins.

Offense

Offensive Coordinator - Mike McDaniel, Mike LaFleur, Todd Monken, Nathaniel Hackett, Arthur Smith
Offensive Line - Rick Dennison, Adam Stenavich, Frank Pollack
Assistant Offensive line - 
Tight Ends - Brian Angelichio, Justin Outten
Quarterbacks - Luke Getsy
Running Backs - Ben Sirmans
Wide Receivers - Shawn Jefferson, Karl Dorrell, Wes Welker, Alvis Whitted
Offensive Quality Control -  

Defense
Defensive Coordinator - Mike Pettine
Inside Linebackers - Brandon Staley, Chris Shula, Kirk Olivadotti
Outside Linebacker - Mike Smith 
Defensive Line - Jerry Montgomery 
Defensive Backs - Jason Simmons
Assistant Defensive Backs -  Ryan Downard
Defensive Quality Control - Wendel Davis
Defensive Quality Control-  Christian Parker

Special Teams
Special Teams Coordinator - Darren Rizzi, Brayden Coombes, Mike Mallory, Chris Horton, Tom Quinn, Wes Welker, Shawn Mennenga
Assistant Special teams - Maurice Drayton

Strength & Conditioning
Strength & Conditioning Coordinator - [candidates: Ray Wright,  Malcolm Blacken, Chad Englehart, Jesse Ackerman, Fernando Noriega, Tom Kanavy, Mike Wolf]
S&C Assistants - I expect we will keep Grant Thorne, he has a interesting resume. He combines his scientific background with athletics. He trained soccer teams, rugby teams, football teams giving him an unique outlook at various disciplines and carrying them over to NFL training.

7 hours ago, Leader said:

What would be the best states to live in from an environmental perspective?

20 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

What would be the best states to live in from an environmental perspective?

Every state has its own - different challenges. An honest answer to your question would be: I cant say. I've not made a study of it.
I did have some background information regards Louisiana (the state being discussed) and Googled cancer rates by state and looked at the CDC website.

"Louisiana is the seventh highest state for cancer diagnoses, with 487. The state’s death rate of 191, however, is significantly higher than the nation’s average, placing it fourth in the nation for cancer deaths. These unfortunate numbers may have something to do with the numerous industrial plants in what is known as “Cancer Alley” (an area along the Mississippi River, between Baton Rouge and New Orleans, as well as in the River Parishes)"

I live in Florida which (comparatively speaking) isnt home to a lot of heavy industry. However, its also highly porous - with an underground reservoir of water flowing from north to south - so any pollutants that get on and/or seep into the ground can travel a long distance.

Add on edit: A few years back a commercial entity RACETRACK was looking to purchase the property adjacent to mine - to put a gas station in. Good location. Its a corner lot with good access. I could see them making money off it. Only problem (from my perspective.....) is our properties share a wetlands - which encroaches on both - and the very last thing I wanted was underground gas storage tanks (which ultimately and uniformly leak.....) contaminating the ground water from which my well draws.

If the project was approved - I'd have moved.

I'm not hypersensitive about such things - but we live in a highly toxic environment and culture. Its good to know where you're at - whats been there before - and what could be heading your way.

Saw a documentary on HBO last year (I think.....) and it dealt with problems around St. Louis, MO. Apparently - way back when - a location in town was used for processing uranium intended (and used) in the Manhattan Project in WWII. It was right by the Gateway Arch and all very secret as you would imagine. The local folks knew nothing of goings on in their area. The Mississippi River access was critical to the location being chosen. Well - suffice to say - knowledge about and methods of handling such stuff at the time was rudimentary (at best) - and it contaminated the local ground surface and water - which is effecting people to this day.

I commented about this documentary on Facebook and a friend commented back that he had lived in the area (recently - not back then) and hadnt known about this matter until my Facebook post.

Add on Edit #2 - If you're interested for any reason about that uranium processing plant around St. Louis - Google ATOMIC HOMEFRONT. Or look at the HBO Documentary listing for the same name. Containment measures on the radioactive landfill is ongoing today - its on fire underground - and people are dying from it still.

Archived