LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

6 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

@Chili where are those S&C info from...?

I just simply looked up LaFleur's history and looked at the S&C coaches he worked with at the time. This allowed me to create a candidate list of who LaFleur might be interested in.

6 hours ago, Isherwood said:

I’m super into JoJo’s right now. This post is just revenge for the guys talking about fishing. 

I have not seen that one. The storyline doesn't sound like my kind of thing but a 8.80 score on MyAnimeList is hard to ignore. I will give that one a go sometime.

Over the past year or so I've been avidly watching Anime. There's some superb series out there such as Stein;Gate, Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop, Death Note,  A Place Further Than The Universe, Sword Art Online, Tokyo Ghoul, Erased, Ajin etc.

I really want to watch Made in Abyss and Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash but none of them are available on Netflix, Crunchyroll and MyAnimeList. I'm not sure where to go to watch it. Any chance you may know?

There's a new series out on Crunchyroll called The Promised Neverland. It's really creepy. If you're into nogalista then Hi Score Girl on Netflix is very enjoyable. I also personally recommend Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma on Crunchyroll. I've just recently completed Parasyte -the maxim-  on Crunchyroll and I fully recommend that one too.

5 hours ago, Chili said:

I have not seen that one. The storyline doesn't sound like my kind of thing but a 8.80 score on MyAnimeList is hard to ignore. I will give that one a go sometime.

Over the past year or so I've been avidly watching Anime. There's some superb series out there such as Stein;Gate, Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop, Death Note,  A Place Further Than The Universe, Sword Art Online, Tokyo Ghoul, Erased, Ajin etc.

I really want to watch Made in Abyss and Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash but none of them are available on Netflix, Crunchyroll and MyAnimeList. I'm not sure where to go to watch it. Any chance you may know?

There's a new series out on Crunchyroll called The Promised Neverland. It's really creepy. If you're into nogalista then Hi Score Girl on Netflix is very enjoyable. I also personally recommend Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma on Crunchyroll. I've just recently completed Parasyte -the maxim-  on Crunchyroll and I fully recommend that one too.

Last year I watched all of Evangelion and it was pretty good. I needed to read a lot of stuff along with it to actually understand it but I’d recommend it for any anime fan.

19 hours ago, deathstar said:

Last year I watched all of Evangelion and it was pretty good. I needed to read a lot of stuff along with it to actually understand it but I’d recommend it for any anime fan.

I've heard of it but unfortunately I can't see it being shown anywhere on Netflix, Crunchyroll and MyAnimeList. However I understand Netflix has recently bought the rights to show Evangelion so it may be available very soon. I suspect they will be showing the 2019 version rather than the 1995 original. Maybe they will show both?

Back to the Packers, The one aspect of LaFleur's offensive coaching hires I liked was that he was always in a position to choose rather than scrambling around picking up the scraps. He was in a position to choose between Monken or Hackett for coordinator, Pollack and Stenavich for the OL, Welker and Whitted for WR, Angelichio and Outten for TE.  It's a good spot to be in. I'm sure he had some people he originally had in mind but they were either blocked or unavailable but he still made sure he was in a position to choose. I don't know what happened with the QB coach search but Getsy was the only name to have cropped up for the position.

19 minutes ago, Chili said:

I've heard of it but unfortunately I can't see it being shown anywhere on Netflix, Crunchyroll and MyAnimeList. However I understand Netflix has recently bought the rights to show Evangelion so it may be available very soon. I suspect they will be showing the 2019 version rather than the 1995 original. Maybe they will show both?

Back to the Packers, The one aspect of LaFleur's offensive coaching hires I liked was that he was always in a position to choose rather than scrambling around picking up the scraps. He was in a position to choose between Monken or Hackett for coordinator, Pollack and Stenavich for the OL, Welker and Whitted for WR, Angelichio and Outten for TE.  It's a good spot to be in. I'm sure he had some people he originally had in mind but they were either blocked or unavailable but he still made sure he was in a position to choose. I don't know what happened with the QB coach search but Getsy was the only name to have cropped up for the position.

Evangelion: there's the original version, which has around 26 episodes; then there's a theatrical version of the ending of the series that changes things drastically; then there's remastered versions the creator's been working on and releasing every 3-4 years. I think Netflix is showing the original episodes sometime this year.

Packers: I think that Rodgers mentioned Getsy in one of their first conversations and LaFleur felt pretty strongly about making Rodgers comfortable so went out and got him. 

1 hour ago, Chili said:

check your pm/messages thingy ;)

Offensive Quality Control and Offensive Assistant coaches were added today.

Kevin Koger from Eastern Kentucky is Offensive Quality Control.  He coached WR and also added ST coaching title in 2018.

Jason Vrable comes from the Jets where he was an Offensive Assistant Coach.  Prior to that he was with the Bills as Offensive Quality Control and then Assistant QB Coach.

Vrable personally knowing Pettine and Hackett from his time at the Bills surely helped him land the Offensive Assistant role. I think having someone with a QB background low on the totem pole could end up being useful down the line. He's been around the NFL a while but has never quite progressed to coaching his own position group. Had minor stints helping QB and RB but never got beyond assistant level. Part of extremely uninspiring offenses at Jets and Bills. Imo If he was any good Lynn would've taken him to LA or coached a position group by now somewhere. The fact he's still stuck as an assistant on his third NFL team, in his 7th year in the NFL speaks volumes to his limited potential as a coach. He's just there to do the grunt work.

As far as I can tell I can't find any connections for Koger. I suspect LaFleur leaned on his Michigan background to find this guy. A former college TE who spent most of his coaching career coaching receivers. Only 29. Coordinated a respectable ST unit at D1 college level last season which is always a good look to have on his resume. Of the two new hires I think he has the most potential.

With the coaching staff completed the final step now is the strength and conditioning staff. LaFleur probably will want to complete his strength and conditioning staff before the combine so we should have our answer very soon as to whether he's bringing new guys in or keeping the same S&C guys in place.

15 hours ago, Chili said:

Vrable personally knowing Pettine and Hackett from his time at the Bills surely helped him land the Offensive Assistant role. I think having someone with a QB background low on the totem pole could end up being useful down the line. He's been around the NFL a while but has never quite progressed to coaching his own position group. Had minor stints helping QB and RB but never got beyond assistant level. Part of extremely uninspiring offenses at Jets and Bills. Imo If he was any good Lynn would've taken him to LA or coached a position group by now somewhere. The fact he's still stuck as an assistant on his third NFL team, in his 7th year in the NFL speaks volumes to his limited potential as a coach. He's just there to do the grunt work.

As far as I can tell I can't find any connections for Koger. I suspect LaFleur leaned on his Michigan background to find this guy. A former college TE who spent most of his coaching career coaching receivers. Only 29. Coordinated a respectable ST unit at D1 college level last season which is always a good look to have on his resume. Of the two new hires I think he has the most potential.

With the coaching staff completed the final step now is the strength and conditioning staff. LaFleur probably will want to complete his strength and conditioning staff before the combine so we should have our answer very soon as to whether he's bringing new guys in or keeping the same S&C guys in place.

I’d think he’d do something before introducing his staff at the press conference mentioned in this article. That’s on monday

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2019/02/15/packers-add-two-more-offensive-assistants-matt-lafleurs-staff/2886211002/

13 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I feel like MLF would have made a move prior to his meeting tomorrow if he was going to replace the S&C staff.

Same here .. I think we are standing pat there.  It's hard to determine who is at fault when it comes to injuries .. maybe Lovat and staff are not at all to blame.  I really have no way of knowing the answer to that.  Got to hope LaFleur has looked at that area hard and ends up making the right call.

Archived