LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

25 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Exactly.  He's just trying to save his own a$$.

That could very well be. Cant say.
What also could be possible is either he or some family member is facing a health issue that will need his attention. Cant say that either.

7 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

I like Matt L from the presser. 

Injuries are bigger part of GB’s failures all these years and I hate when none of the Media analysts didn’t ask about the plan for injuries in place.

Maybe because it's like asking how we can stop the sun from rising tomorrow

13 hours ago, IBleedGreen&Gold said:

No change in S&C personnel has caused my outlook for next year to diminish quite a bit actually.

Some change so maybe it will make a difference.  Really was hoping he'd clean house.  Don't care what Poppinga says injuries have been a recurring problem for the better part of a decade.  Not sure about Gizzi if he'll change it up or what.  To me this was the most critical hire of any.  Without a healthy team we go nowhere.  As for who?  How in the hell do I know?  Not a clue that's their job to research and find the best cutting edge trainers they can find.  Holding my breath and will take a wait and see.  If we have a long and lengthy injury report that yet again derails our season I'll be pissed.  No more soft tissue crap.  Groins and hammies.  Sick of it.  

59 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Pettine says Whitt's departure was a LaFleur call, he also said that Whitt is destined to be a DC sooner rather than later
Perhaps those two comments are linked and LaFleur didn't want to be in the position of needing to replace Whitt in a year

I found that exchange in Pettine's presser quite interesting as well. The feeling I got from his comments is that Whitt is an outspoken guy who said something(s) that rubbed LaFleur the wrong way or just didn't jive with his philosophy. Either way, Pettine had good things to say about both guys. I personally always really liked Whitt.

23 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sounds like he's going to be somebody who will force Rodgers to look in the mirror and make the necessary changes to his game.

Not

Rodgers and the vets talk about complacency, and then he goes to bat for a guy he worked with before because he's comfortable with that coach rather than somebody from outside the organization with new ideas who will challenge him. 

That's the definition of complacency.

I mean, I get where you're coming from but I'm not sure it's as black and white as you're making it out to be.  Getsy was the WR coach when he was here, and his contact with Rodgers wasn't as tight as it was with say AVP or Tom Clements.

21 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

I like Matt L from the presser. 

Injuries are bigger part of GB’s failures all these years and I hate when none of the Media analysts didn’t ask about the plan for injuries in place.

Yeah, he's really not your usual rah, rah motivator.  Sounds like one of those guys whose going to be relatable to the players.  Real well spoken and comes off very sincere.

18 hours ago, Norm said:

Both times I've taken my bosses job I did **** way way differently. All the **** I was mad we did stupidly was corrected. 

Working underneath someone doesn't make you a clone

Agreed.  You may copy some of the more successful stuff, but there's usually issues that you think you can correct.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Pettine says Whitt's departure was a LaFleur call, he also said that Whitt is destined to be a DC sooner rather than later
Perhaps those two comments are linked and LaFleur didn't want to be in the position of needing to replace Whitt in a year

I feel like there was a bit of a philosophical issue for them.  Whitt was a carryover from the Capers' coaching staff, and they probably wanted to go in a different direction.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2019/02/19/dougherty-analytics-guide-packers-lafleur-game-decisions/2916164002/

Looks like LaFleur is keeping around MM's analytics staff and using them to help make game day decisions. Gute's also going to help out during OTA's throwing out game scenarios for him to coach the team through.

Archived