LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

As what though? Not OC. Assistant to the Assistant Head Coach?

They can make up so many titles these days. He doesn't have to be responsible for much and could be some sort of asset.

Much like retaining Clay or something like that, my thought is I am fine with him back depending on what his role and real duties are. 

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

They can make up so many titles these days. He doesn't have to be responsible for much and could be some sort of asset.

Much like retaining Clay or something like that, my thought is I am fine with him back depending on what his role and real duties are. 

I havea difficult time seeing Clay returning.  Lafluer will emphasize discipline, just doing your job and not trying to do too much .  That's the opposite of Clay.

1 minute ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

I havea difficult time seeing Clay returning.  Lafluer will emphasize discipline, just doing your job and not trying to do too much .  That's the opposite of Clay.

The point was this, some people are scared to have Clay back with the idea he'll start and play real deal snaps. But theoretically if Clay never played here before and he was on the market but the exact same player, people would be thrilled with him for a 3/4th rusher. If his role is greatly reduced with salary, I think it's a win. But there's a snake bitten aspect that says he cannot help this team so get out while people desire lesser it equal outside players. 

And IDK if I agree on your assessment from both angles but I get your point. 

39 minutes ago, Leader said:

In what capacity?

Maybe something like a senior offensive assistant?  Listening to Murphy talk today, there is no doubt that he's of some importance to the franchise.  

12 minutes ago, Norm said:

We gotta get Favre on the staff.

6 minutes ago, SSG said:

Maybe something like a senior offensive assistant?  Listening to Murphy talk today, there is no doubt that he's of some importance to the franchise.  

Oh - I dont mind him staying on in some capacity.

Earlier on I could see him staying on as HC so long as we secured one of the hot shot OCs on the market.

Now - since we've got one of those OCs - as HC - I'd prefer the team make a clean break with the past regards the offensive leadership - i.e. - that Philbin not be kept on as OC. He has value - he IS the proverbial "Packer People" - but if we're "stepping into the future" so to speak - lets do it.

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm going to make an OC guess. Mike McDaniel, run game coordinator for the 49ers.

Seems to have the same stops and mentors as LaFleur. Texans under Kubiak, Redskins with the Shannahan's, McVay and LaFleur, Atlanta with Shanny and LaFleur and then out to SF with Shanny.

I would think most of the offensive staff will be gutted and replaced. Maybe LaFluer will make changes to the strength and conditioning staff. Maybe a replacement for Winston Moss at LB coach as they haven't had decent LB play on the outside since Kevin Greene left.

Archived