LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Who is he and does he run a 4-3?

I don't want Pettine back.  

All the defensive coordinators in the playoffs stand on the sidelines.  I know this is stupid, and I know defensive coordinators have a better view up there, but I want our defensive coordinator actively speaking to his players during a game.  I hate Box coordinators.  Hate them.

Fangio is a booth guy.

34 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Who is he and does he run a 4-3?

I don't want Pettine back.  

All the defensive coordinators in the playoffs stand on the sidelines.  I know this is stupid, and I know defensive coordinators have a better view up there, but I want our defensive coordinator actively speaking to his players during a game.  I hate Box coordinators.  Hate them.

Ha, I pounded the table for this last year and got yelled at. I'm the same way, I think it does have an effect and especially would for a fiery guy like Pettine. Maybe LaFleur will request him to be on the sidelines. Usually it's up to the coach.

2 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Maybe.  Does LA have an OC at all?

Possible Taylor could call plays here.  Would love for HC to be more involved in clock/game plan management in game, especially on special teams.

As others have said, you want the guy who can't be poached calling your plays. Otherwise you lose those guys if you do well. Just hire a good ST coach and let it take care of itself.

Archived