LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

On the offensive side, here's the coaches in limbo

https://www.packers.com/team/coaches-roster/

Philbin- he has some value, could be an OC or passing game coordinator or assistant HC
Campen - Good OL coach, some value in keeping him, knows the incumbents, has developed some players
Jim Hostler -  No value in keeping him
Brian Angelichio - seems decent as TE coach, might be some value in keeping him. One thing to note is that LaFleur coached under both Shanahans and they have used 12 personnel more than the league average ( single back, 2 TE set)
Frank Cignetti- hard pass. lousy coach, poor fit, not a keeper, should never have been hired
Ben Sirmans - meh
David Raih - in over his head, bye bye

1 minute ago, TheBitzMan said:

Potentially Oline. Silverstein also mentioned LaFluer keeping the currently TE coach.

While the TEs haven't been exceptional here under Angelichio, he did a great job in Cleveland. I wonder if the poor TE play could be put on MM's play calling, etc more than Angelicio.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

While the TEs haven't been exceptional here under Angelichio, he did a great job in Cleveland. I wonder if the poor TE play could be put on MM's play calling, etc more than Angelicio.

Mercedes and Martellus are on the record saying that McCarthy's offense is bad for in-line TEs. Everything I have seen on LaFleur is the opposite and he is more Shannahan than McVay in that regard. I would bet on drafting a TE who has some ability to block relatively high in the draft at the moment because Graham is definitely not that. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Or a poor group of expiring TEs.  It's the oldest group in the NFL by a wide margin and they played old.  

One thing that has me concerned, does LaFleur have enough NFL experience to assemble a strength and conditioning staff? I sure as hell hope ours is purged from Lambeau.

OC, QB Coach, WR coach, LBs coach, ST coach, S&C staff absolutely need to be replaced. If we keep the rest of our staff in place, I'm OK.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

On the offensive side, here's the coaches in limbo

https://www.packers.com/team/coaches-roster/

Philbin- he has some value, could be an OC or passing game coordinator or assistant HC - Thanks for your time. I feel its time to move on. new guy new ideas
Campen - Good OL coach, some value in keeping him, knows the incumbents, has developed some players - I believe LaFleur ran a zone blocking scheme in Tennessee last year. Seems like a good fot there and Campen has been solid. Run blocking was actually pretty darn good and I feel LaFleur's offense will be much more ballanced than MM.
Jim Hostler -  No value in keeping him
Brian Angelichio - seems decent as TE coach, might be some value in keeping him. One thing to note is that LaFleur coached under both Shanahans and they have used 12 personnel more than the league average ( single back, 2 TE set) - Reportadly knows ML's offense... that's huge upside. I'll beet he stays but we actually USE all our TE's, not just 1 guy.
Frank Cignetti- hard pass. lousy coach, poor fit, not a keeper, should never have been hired
Ben Sirmans - meh
David Raih - in over his head, bye bye

Defense - Joe Whitt... anyone else? This side is a tough call. Does ML let Petine pick his assistants or does he get involved?

Archived