LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

ha, yeah I'm sure that would read very well in the employee handbook: "Bereavement leave (for managers only) is defined as ...."

You forgot the word "PAID". While most if not all businesses offer a form of Bereavement leave,  far less offer "PAID" Bereavement leave to their low level employees.

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

You forgot the word "PAID". While most if not all businesses offer a form of Bereavement leave,  far less offer "PAID" Bereavement leave to their low level employees.

No i didn't...look at my comment again. 88% offer PAID bereavement.

https://www.shrm.org/ResourcesAndTools/business-solutions/Documents/Paid-Leave-Report-All-Industries-All-FTEs.pdf

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I was referring to your comment I quoted. I wasn't disputing your stats of companies offering it, just that they don't offer it to all of their employees.

I can't imagine kids working at fast food joints are getting Paid Bereavement leave. Of course, its been a while since I had that type of job, so maybe times have changed. Back then you were given leave, but it was not paid.

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

I was referring to your comment I quoted. I wasn't disputing your stats of companies offering it, just that they don't offer it to all of their employees.

I can't imagine kids working at fast food joints are getting Paid Bereavement leave. Of course, its been a while since I had that type of job, so maybe times have changed. Back then you were given leave, but it was not paid.

certainly could be a distinction for exempt and non-exempt

41 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

I don't know about the US but bereavement leave is in the CBA for most professions here in Spain, if not all. A company can choose to offer an increased leave, but they can never decrease it.

EDIT: Paid of course

i looked at this earlier, nothing on the federal books for it here in the USA (or 49 states), but most companies offer it regardless

53 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

Hourly employees (who are generally non-exempt from being paid overtime) obviously wouldn't get Paid Bereavement, but they wouldn't be blocked from taking the time off necessary to attend to a family tragedy - in most cases.  If the employer did block a non-exempt, hourly employee from taking the time off, well, I'd advise the employee to dump that hourly job and find another (if possible).  The case we're discussing with the Lions - if true - is an egregious, scrooge level of selfishness against exempt employees that I wouldn't want to be a part of either. 

53 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

I don't know about the US but bereavement leave is in the CBA for most professions here in Spain, if not all. A company can choose to offer an increased leave, but they can never decrease it.

EDIT: Paid of course

Oh España...

I honestly thought you professed having extrasensory perception regarding the Packers.

No puede arreglar estupidez.

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Rob Demovsky‏:

Packers RB coach Ben Sirmans is expected to be retained on Matt LaFleur's staff, per sources. Not official yet, but it's in the works. He's done strong work with Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams and the young running backs.

I will count this as good news!

I am still shocked that there has been so little activity on the defensive side of the ball vis a vis assistant coaches.

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i looked at this earlier, nothing on the federal books for it here in the USA (or 49 states), but most companies offer it regardless

Ahh employment law, now you're speaking my language. You are correct, there is no federal law requiring employers to extend any type of bereavement leave. Currently, if I'm up to date, the only state that requires it is Oregon. I practice mostly in Ohio and some of the surrounding states and it certainly is not required anywhere in the Midwest, although most companies, depending on size, generally offer it in some form. 

7 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

I am still shocked that there has been so little activity on the defensive side of the ball vis a vis assistant coaches.

But then we’d be talking about coaching hires and not bereavement leave and other HR topics. LoL

I wonder if we’ve got our eyes on some assistants in the conference championship games. 

Why do we care that an OL coach was a jerk? He's an OL coach, he's paid to be a jerk. The guy wasn't a fan of the particular OL that was in this situation, if this was Nelson, he would've been given all the time he needed, such is life. This isn't a regular job, it's the NFL. Doesn't deter me at all from wanting him to coach our OL.

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Why do we care that an OL coach was a jerk? He's an OL coach, he's paid to be a jerk. The guy wasn't a fan of the particular OL that was in this situation, if this was Nelson, he would've been given all the time he needed, such is life. This isn't a regular job, it's the NFL. Doesn't deter me at all from wanting him to coach our OL.

Disagree he's paid to be a jerk.  Come on man, that was a lazy take.  

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm all for people being somewhat of a jerk to get results, but permanently benching someone to attend their murdered family member's funeral isn't being a jerk, it's being dumb, poor leader, and general *******.

I'm not saying that is necessarily saying that is what occurred. But if it did, he's an idiot.  

Archived