LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

15 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

“The Jets started asking around about Mike McCarthy after he was fired by the Packers in December, but they were concerned about his sensitivity to criticism and how it might be amplified by the New York press, Vacchiano hears. There were also reports that McCarthy would consider sitting out the 2019 season, which may have given the Jets additional pause. McCarthy’s interview was not bad, per se, but Vacchiano hears that he did not hit it out of the park.”

-I always liked MM but could definitely see this being the case. 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/01/jets-rumors-gase-harbaugh-mccarthy-williams

I suspect MM was intrigued with the prospect of working with Darnold but I just can't see him happy in NY.

5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I'm surprised the 49ers are even allowing GB to interview Stenavich!  They've blocked everyone else. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/17/report-packers-interviewing-49ers-adam-stenavich-for-offensive-line-coach/#comments

He's an assistant OL coach. That's why. They've got a 31 year vet with lots of experience with Shanny ahead of him. Like a player blocked in the minors in baseball.

After seeing we are interviewing Pollack, I have no interest in this guy. This is a vet O line that's been together for 4 years. They need a guy who knows what he's doing, not someone who's going to learn on the job.

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's an assistant OL coach. That's why. They've got a 31 year vet with lots of experience with Shanny ahead of him. Like a player blocked in the minors in baseball.

After seeing we are interviewing Pollack, I have no interest in this guy. This is a vet O line that's been together for 4 years. They need a guy who knows what he's doing, not someone who's going to learn on the job.

Fair enough.  I'd like Pollack also.

Should be noted that Campen said on Wilde and Tausch that he fought to stay in GB but also said he ultimately couldn't have turned down Cleveland to stay in GB because of the professional advancement opportunity Cleveland provided. He also said LaFleur has handled it well and that he thinks he'll do well and had a great hours long talk, but ultimately LaFleur wants his own guy and can't blame him for that.

Absolutely not surprised with the Pollack link. Could see it coming from a mile away. I think he's the best candidate on paper however, I could be wrong, but I don't think he has taught the zone blocking scheme in a while. I think Oakland tried to implement it in 2012 with little success and then when he went to Dallas I think he was running mainly a power blocking scheme. 

I'm still struggling to find out why exactly he was fired despite having a superb OL. I think he was let go because he failed to develop the backups OL to be ready to step in whenever there was an injury and also apparently the pass protection was an issue too. The Cowboys went though two OL coaches since he was fired so it's safe to say they made a mistake.

Now at Cincy if he went back to the zone blocking scheme he had the perfect back in Mixon for that scheme. No idea if he implemented the ZBS at Cincy though?

Everything Adam Stenavich learned about the ZBS came from Gibbs and Pollack. Why settle for the duplicate when you could have the original?

Archived