LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

42 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Should make @Packerraymond happy

We'll learn fast if he's any good. Campen to a guy with 1 year NFL experience, yikes. That OL isn't going to accept growing pains from a coach.

Have to say the whole, you have to have minimal experience and be under 40 requirement to be an offensive coach for us doesn't have me feeling great.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

We'll learn fast if he's any good. Campen to a guy with 1 year NFL experience, yikes. That OL isn't going to accept growing pains from a coach.

Have to say the whole, you have to have minimal experience and be under 40 requirement to be an offensive coach for us doesn't have me feeling great.

It's clear we're trying to avoid age discrimination suits.

Interesting that we're hiring the student instead of hiring the teacher who originally taught the ZBS to him.

Maybe Pollack simply wasn't too interested in coming here or personality-wise wasn't quite a good fit with LaFleur, after all its been nearly a decade since they both last worked together on the same coaching staff. At the time LaFleur was just the lowly quality control assistant whilst Pollack was mingling at the big boys table. You're not going to get on smoothly with everybody you ever worked with.  Most likely he probably got on better with Stenavich at Houston as they were closer in age. I'm glad LaFleur at least interviewed Pollack and gave himself the chance to make a better informed decision of who to hire.  Still...chosing the unproven guy over the vastly superior proven OL coach is a risky move. I hope it was the right decision.

Adam Stenavich should be a nice fit for several reasons. I hope he will teach the blocking concepts and techniques well and run high energy practices. Those two years at the 49ers will be very important, taking all that he learned as a coach and applying it here which I imagine is exactly what LaFleur wants.

Archived