LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

25 minutes ago, Chili said:

Now we need a QB coach, a WR coach, a OLB coach, a DB coach, a ST coordinator and a bunch of assistants to work under them and we're set. Still a long way to go. 

Think we are waiting for the remaining teams in the playoffs for one of their ST coordinators?

I find it amazing that people who played a position at college level end up coaching at an entirely different position in the pros.

Kirk Olivadotti was a WR at Purdue and somehow he ended up being a linebacker coach for the last 12 years. I wonder how that works.

He has a nice resume though. Coached London Fletcher, Brian Orakpo, Alec Ogletree, Ryan Kerrigan, Mason Foster. 

Edit: This is hilarious. His father, Tom Olivadotti was the LB coach at Houston. Guess who was the head coach and defensive coordinator at the time? none other than Dom Capers and Vic Fangio!

Now it starting to begin to make sense why Kirk Olivadotti ended up coaching linebackers, his father was one himself.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We aren't hiring a QB coach. 

As far as I can tell that's an assumption rather than definitive.

Some people theorised that with Pettine left entirely alone to run the defence, LaFleur can focus on offence full time and as a result he would be handling the QB coaching. Very plausible scenario but I've not come across anything where that is indeed the case.

1 minute ago, Chili said:

As far as I can tell that's an assumption rather than definitive.

Some beat writers theorised that with Pettine left entirely alone to run the defence, LaFleur can focus on offence full time and as a result he would be handling the QB coaching. Very plausible scenario but I've not come across anything where that is indeed the case.

He talked about it a bit in one of the podcast interviews that have been posted on here. It sounded like he'd be ok without a QB coach. but still not a certainty.

47 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Think we are waiting for the remaining teams in the playoffs for one of their ST coordinators?

If that's the case then I have no idea who it is:

Matt Daniels (Rams) - only 29 and just 1 year as an NFL special teams assistant. I can't believe it could be him.

Rod Wilson (Kansas) - 37 years old and only been special teams assistant for 2 years.

Cameron Achord (Patriots) - again just 1 year as NFL special teams assistant. I think he's approx 31 years old.

Can't see anybody on the Saints staff- the assistants are too old- one of them is 71 lol.

At least the guy we were linked with, Braydon Coombes, had 4 years under his belt as a special teams assistant.

Archived