2019 Draft Mocks

kingseanjohn

On 2/2/2019 at 3:02 PM, onejayhawk said:

Why aren't you happy with Watkins?

. The offense took a noticeable hit when he went down.

Yes, but he's fragile. Too pricey for the catches we could get elsewhere IMO. I thought Robinson and Conley performed well enough to keep the opposition honest.

• Like 1

Finally i made my first draft as well. Here is what i ended up:

29: R1P29 S DEIONTE THOMPSON

61: R2P29 LB MACK WILSON

63: R2P31 OT GREG LITTLE

92: R3P28 CB DAVID LONG

168: R5P29 DL DEMARCUS CHRISTMAS

203: R6P28 TE DONALD PARHAM

215: R6P40 CB MARK FIELDS

218: R7P2 RB TRAVIS HOMER

I would have liked to build up front first,  but i couldn't pass on Thompson. I think he can solidify the Safety position for years to come. Some good DE candidates were taken right before the first pick in the 2nd round, so i picked Mack Wilson, who should immediately contribute as a LB for us, a big need to us in this offseason in my mind. Little was a BPA pick, who might take over the job from Fisher or Schwartz after a year. In round 3 i could have gone for Henderson, who i really like as RB, but i tend to give Damien his shot next season. I think a CB is absolutely necessary and with Long i hope to get a physical corner who hopefully turns out to be a starter for us. In the late rounds i have to admit, that i didn't have the time yet to look closer to these players. Christmas seems to be a run stopping DT with the ability to contribute a bit to the pass rush. I like to have a guy like that to backup Nnadi. Parham is a TE, through i read he might convert to a WR. He doesn't seems to be a good blocker, which makes him somehow unlikely to play as a TE, but he could be a mismatch and i like to take a shot on such a player. Fields is CB depth who flashed his abilities in the National Championship Game and Homer is primarily a depth draft pick as well. He flashed his burst, vision and a physical attitude, although he's not having the frame to play that physical, but i take a shot with him as well.

Edited by Edge

wow I cant believe this is a user/difficult setting.  Also I just seemed like what I was looking for was not there or the best options but we snagged the top 2 things that need help on D and fixed our Line/depth for the future.

1. LB Devin White

2a. S Taylor Rapp

2b. C Erik Mccoy

3. G Connor Mcgovern

5. OT Kaleb Mcgary.

6a. CB Justin Layne

6b.  CB Xavier Crawford

7. DL Chris Slayton

Jalen Hurd to replace Chris Conley?

He switched from RB to WR, big(6'4-220), athletic, strong work ethic. Rushing ability as well. Hes really raw but Tyreek came in on a similar path here and did well.

Thing is hes got a dicey history. While at tennessee Argued with his coach about playcalls as a RB. Left team midseason. Model guy since he went to Baylor though.

Great work ethic is key. Hits the juggs machine everyday. Almost hit a thousand yards in his second year. Needs work on route running.

8 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Jalen Hurd to replace Chris Conley?

He switched from RB to WR, big(6'4-220), athletic, strong work ethic. Rushing ability as well. Hes really raw but Tyreek came in on a similar path here and did well.

Thing is hes got a dicey history. While at tennessee Argued with his coach about playcalls as a RB. Left team midseason. Model guy since he went to Baylor though.

Great work ethic is key. Hits the juggs machine everyday. Almost hit a thousand yards in his second year. Needs work on route running.

The WR class this year is pretty deep so I'd like to take someone with our 3rd pick or later. I've specifically been looking at (in no order) Kelvin Harmon, Riley Ridley, N'Keal Harry, David Sills, Terry McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Antoine Wesley.

This year appears to be the year for defense and WR.

6 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

I like "fire" but not so much that you burn the house down. Don't make a public spectacle of your thoughts/actions.

Team wanted Alvin Kamara to start anyways which was the better option.

The switch to WR was the right choice. Theres A reason you don't see 6'4 RBs. Tennesse was never gonna allow it

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

The WR class this year is pretty deep so I'd like to take someone with our 3rd pick or later. I've specifically been looking at (in no order) Kelvin Harmon, Riley Ridley, N'Keal Harry, David Sills, Terry McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Antoine Wesley.

This year appears to be the year for defense and WR.

I really like N'Keal Harry as well. Hed kill in the screen game.

3rd-5th is where i want to find a guy as well.

These big, tall guys aren't impressing me. They fail to get separation. (ala, N'Keal Harry, David Sills)The NFL has gravitated to "big" corners to run with these guys and compete for "jump balls". I feel a greater need for smaller, shiftier guys who are faster, can run routes, get separation and have good hands (ala Andy Isabella, Terry McLaurin).

Isabella would be good insurance too if Tyreek Hill gets injured, even if he's not as fast.

Edited by mayanfootball

If Jeffery Simmons suffered a torn ACL injury, would you take him with the 1st round pick? I doubt he woud be available at the end of the 2nd round. We could pick someone else and wait and see if he drops into the mid 2nd round, to potentially trade up and take him then, but depending on who will be available it might not be a bad idea to risk taking him in the 1st round. Due to his injury he would probably not be available at the beginning of the season and might be even out until late into the season, but pairing him with Chris Jones in the interior DL could be really nasty for years to come.

1 hour ago, Edge said:

If Jeffery Simmons suffered a torn ACL injury, would you take him with the 1st round pick? I doubt he woud be available at the end of the 2nd round. We could pick someone else and wait and see if he drops into the mid 2nd round, to potentially trade up and take him then, but depending on who will be available it might not be a bad idea to risk taking him in the 1st round. Due to his injury he would probably not be available at the beginning of the season and might be even out until late into the season, but pairing him with Chris Jones in the interior DL could be really nasty for years to come.

I wouldn't touch Simmons. No "rookie" season. How bad is the injury? He's also had shoulder issues. He wasn't invited to the Combine because he's a woman beater too. No thanks, too many issues.