Preseason Week Three: Browns @ Bucs

bucsfan333

We've got a Saturday night game this week. It starts at 7:30pm EST. I haven't looked to see if it'll air out of market; I'm assuming not. And I don't know when the re-air is.

The starters are expected to play the first half into the third quarter. 

Barber should be battling Quizz for the right to start at least the first three weeks. Elliot and McClain are both vying for the starting nickel spot. So we've got some tough battles going on.

Discuss.

30 minutes ago, indifference said:

Why are the starters playing that long? 

I guess for OL cohesion? 

Ryan Smith and Elliot needs these live game reps.

The third preseason game is usually always mostly for the starters. They won't play at all next week.

I am curious about Barber running with the first team, lets see what he s got.  Not overly concerned about Folk, but want to see a clean game.

Number 5 WR looks like two candidates, Huff and Reedy.  Probably only going to carry 5 on the 53 man roster.  Both teams hopefully cone out healthy.

Looking forward to seeing Donovan Smith match up with Myles Garrett.  Smith has been very solid so far this preseason.  The line is being reshuffled a bit with Pamphile moving to RT and Evan Smith being inserted at LG.  Curious to see if the offense is still able to move the ball as smoothly with the changes.

I remember these 2 teams playing in preseason during Winston's rookie year.  Mike Pettine was the head coach at the time for the Browns.  I think the Bucs ran around 20 plays in the first half and the Brown blitzed 5 or more guys like 18 of those plays.  It was a crazy amount of blitzes.  Quite the welcome to the NFL for Jameis at the time.  

@tmlgogo, @Bando, @YoungBucs15, @Buc Ball, @BucBall_76, @Buccaneer Bruce, @Buccaneer Bruce, @Buccaneer4life, @BuccaneersFan34, @bucstopshere, @REDandPEWTER, @kgarrett12486, @indifference, @ravishingone, @deuces22wild, @eggybucsfan31, @Lil' Shorty, @Calibucsfan

Again, I'm sure I forgot some folks. Apologies.

But are any of you gonna be around in a couple hours for the game? I'm sure we can beat the 15 pages we had on the last game day thread.

58 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

@tmlgogo, @Bando, @YoungBucs15, @Buc Ball, @BucBall_76, @Buccaneer Bruce, @Buccaneer Bruce, @Buccaneer4life, @BuccaneersFan34, @bucstopshere, @REDandPEWTER, @kgarrett12486, @indifference, @ravishingone, @deuces22wild, @eggybucsfan31, @Lil' Shorty, @Calibucsfan

Again, I'm sure I forgot some folks. Apologies.

But are any of you gonna be around in a couple hours for the game? I'm sure we can beat the 15 pages we had on the last game day thread.

15 pages will be more than one page per point. Bucs are averaging 12 points per game and the Browns are giving up an average of 10 per game so it should be an 11 point game for the Bucs. I take preseason seriously and believe the 2 week trends have a large amount of relevance. Browns are averaging 15 points per game and the Bucs are giving up 15.5 so the final score should be 15.25-11.

I haven't played with the new site's new features or I would have used the "spoiler alert" method because I know some of you don't want to know the score until you watch the game. I apologize.

Archived