Preseason Week Three: Browns @ Bucs

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Anyway...I think we'd be playing better if we had impact starters playing. All in all it's preseason.

Humphries already is out with a hip injury.  Let's just hope no one else gets injured.  I remember last year Atlanta's offense was so bad in the preseason, Quinn played his starters a couple of series in the 4th preseason game.  Preseason games just don't mean a whole lot.  

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

At least Folk didn't miss.

I'm not concerned right now.  Just minor injuries to the key guys.  I do believe they will work Doug back in the line-up pretty quickly when he comes off suspension no matter what their record.  Having the 4th string RT play with the first team, it could have been a lot worse.  I hope Jameis is done for the rest of the night.   

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

15 pages will be more than one page per point. Bucs are averaging 12 points per game and the Browns are giving up an average of 10 per game so it should be an 11 point game for the Bucs. I take preseason seriously and believe the 2 week trends have a large amount of relevance. Browns are averaging 15 points per game and the Bucs are giving up 15.5 so the final score should be 15.25-11.

I haven't played with the new site's new features or I would have used the "spoiler alert" method because I know some of you don't want to know the score until you watch the game. I apologize.

I'm not back to gloat (lie). The math was a little off but the spread was about right. I think if you would have played your starters all game and everyone was playing you would have scored the full 11 though. Same with the Browns, at full strength I see 15.25 points. Either way the differential is the same and maybe just maybe my gloating will create some bad blood (and excitement) between these fan bases. If not, I am the one that reported to Webby about your live stream requests (lie).

Anyway, see ya at the Super Bowl. I'll buy you a drink as we watch the Patriots and Packers play.

At least Folk calmed any problems we may have thought we had at kicker. He's a career 87% guy, and he's still got something left.  And everyone on the team (including coaching/ownership) expect him to make every kick. And he's really done nothing to expel that idea.

It's really hard to tell how good our team is using last night's game. I've only been able to watch clips, but we didn't look great. And we had like a dozen starters out. So who knows how the game would have played out if key guys were out there.

I do think we'll struggle in two areas though; running the ball and getting a pass rush. Luckily, we only have to get through three games before we get Dougie back. But it might be a long season if we can't get after the QB. Smitty better scheme the crap out of this defense to try and manufacture some pressure.

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's really hard to tell how good our team is using last night's game. I've only been able to watch clips, but we didn't look great. And we had like a dozen starters out. So who knows how the game would have played out if key guys were out there.

I do think we'll struggle in two areas though; running the ball and getting a pass rush. Luckily, we only have to get through three games before we get Dougie back. But it might be a long season if we can't get after the QB. Smitty better scheme the crap out of this defense to try and manufacture some pressure.

havent been able to tell all preseason if we are going to be good or not this year

Jameis still making boneheaded plays, looks like its going to be a theme

Cant generate any sacks , it really upsets me how we didnt see this coming , ive been clamoring for a DE and we didnt draft any , Howard is going to be good, but Barnett has been balling in philly. Meanwhile our best pass rushers this year are going to be the DTs once again , mainly our Vet DT , its crazy.

only good thing ive seen is Jameis being more accurate and really spreading the ball around getting chunk yardage. yet we keep stalling in the redzone

Spence has been getting hype for like four months now. Every time I've seen him rush, he gets walked right around and behind the QB. He's supposed to have better hands and a good inside move. Yet I haven't seen any of that. It's really frustrating to see a guy McCoy, Ayers, and company have lauded as a 15+ sack guy get taken out of virtually every play.

Archived