The Vital Search for our 2019 Back-up QB

Mind Character

Updated the List by adding Nick Foles (not a realistic target for Browns), Mike Glennon, Brock Osweiler, and Sam Bradford (might retire)

12 hours ago, Mind Character said:

The Following 14 QBs will be Unrestricted Free Agents Via Being Cut/Released or Based on Contract Necessitating UFA Status:

Tier 1

1.) Nick Foles

2.) Joe Flacco

3.) Tyrod Taylor

4.) Ryan Tannehill

5.) Case Keenum

6.) Teddy Bridgewater

7.) Ryan Fitzpatrick

Tier 2

8.) Trevor Siemian

9.) Blake Bortles

10.) Brett Hundley

11.) Robert Griffin III

12.) Mike Glennon

13.) Brock Osweiler

14.) Sam Bradford (Might Retire due to Knee issues at any time)

Edited by Mind Character

QB Pairing Predictions:

1.) Giants -- Teddy Bridgewater or Eli Manning via FA, as well as and Dwayne Haskins via Draft

2.) Washington -- Case Keenum 1-yr rental or Blake Bortles 1-yr rental until Alex Smith returns

3.) Broncos -- Nick Foles via FA and Drew Lock via Draft

4.) Jaguars -- Joe Flacco or Eli Manning via Acquisition and Daniel Jones via Draft

5.) Dolphins -- Tyrod Taylor via FA and Ryan Finley/Clayton Thorson via Draft

------------------------------------------

That would leave us to target Fitzpatrick, Siemian, or Hundley (drafted in the 5th round by the Packers; see Eliot Wolf presser on Hundley below)

Edited by Mind Character

16 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Drew Stanton is 11-6 as a starter. I think you guys are just so used to attempting to scout QBs that you don't know what to do now that we have ZERO need for one. Case closed. 

Spend less time scouting, and more time figuring out how to clone Baker.

Because if he goes down, this team is ****ed.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Drew Stanton is 11-6 as a starter. I think you guys are just so used to attempting to scout QBs that you don't know what to do now that we have ZERO need for one. Case closed. 

Just watch Stanton. He’s not someone you want to rely on. We’re going to be contenders we can’t afford to lose a game or 2 if baker goes out. We need a quality backup. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Brogan Roback was signed by the Squealers and now I suddenly don't feel so great about the future of the AFC North anymore...

This only indicates to me that Ben is retiring and Josh Dobbs is set to ascend to greatness just as VanS has predicted.

Hope you enjoyed our run while it lasted.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This only indicates to me that Ben is retiring and Josh Dobbs is set to ascend to greatness just as VanS has predicted.

Hope you enjoyed our run while it lasted.

I enjoyed it much more in your Freddie Kitchens voice. Thanks for that.

Next time though, try to include the word "scenario" into your phrasing. It really *pops* with that accent, as Baker had proven in his mic'd up vid against Cincy.

Edited by MistaBohmbastic
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 1/3/2019 at 12:52 PM, MWil23 said:

We don't disagree on much, but we disagree here. I personally like him.  Granted, he's had disappointing Jr. and Sr. seasons compared to what he did as a sophomore, but he's accurate on short passes/is a west coast kid because downfield he leaves a lot lacking. He's mentally very sharp and makes sound decisions with the football (albeit struggles under pressure and can get skittish). 

Honestly, he reminds me a bit of a stronger armed Cody Kessler/Kellen Moore. Like I said, I'd roll the dice with him as an UDFA/7th rounder. 

Don't get me wrong, if we pass on him, I don't really care, as I'm not in love with him, but I do like the fact that he's started close to 50 games and is very accurate in the short/intermediate game. In Freddy's system, he wouldn't be bad on a lot of those hitches, slants, corners, and outs...and IF he progresses (big if), I could see him as a Keenum type

On 1/3/2019 at 11:29 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hard pass on Browning, he’s awful.

Id like Seimian and Stanton for 2019 and when Stanton’s deal ends bring in a rookie to develop behind Baker on 2020.

• Like 1