Trade for Von Miller

GWH87

Not sure who's in SE Wisconsin, but the local sports talk radio has made it pretty evident they feel Denver will be shopping Von Miller this off-season. I guess there are reports out of Denver stating as such.

If that's the case for some pipe dream reason, do we have a chance? What do you feel it would take? Should we be in on it?

My thought is that if it takes pick 12 in the draft to land Von and a later conditional one based on performance (say our 2nd 4th rnd pick) I'd be all for it.

Just weighing the options of draft pick development (more long term production), cap budget (can't be as aggressive in FA) and how much longer Von will be Von to make the trade worth it? He's got to be close to getting to the Clay zone and do we want that cycle again.

2 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

He is going to be 30 with cap numbers of $25.1M in 2019, $25.6M in 2020 and $22.1M in 2021. I would love to have the player but I cannot trade the 12th overall pick for an aging player with that contract. 

Do we get it done for the 32nd pick & second 4th rnd pick (16)?

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

I've heard whispers before, they can save $17.5M in cap space with a post June 1 trade. They also have Chubb and could keep Barrett or Ray for a fraction of the price. 

So you mean they're looking to transfer debt to another organization? Hmmmmm.

1 minute ago, TheBitzMan said:

Over the cap has a Post June-1 trade as $7.625M in dead cap with $17.5M in savings. 

Yes but all that dead cap difference between pre-june and post-june goes to 2020 - that would mean another 12M to swallow in 2020.

1 minute ago, TheBitzMan said:

Over the cap has a Post June-1 trade as $7.625M in dead cap with $17.5M in savings. 

So with this angle it'd become more practical, so do we give up our first in the 2020 draft to pair Von with our Edge upgrade(s) from this draft?

I get dead cap space isn't a want for organizations, but if it allows you to retain Chubb, Ray & Barrett then pick up a couple of picks then why wouldn't you do it?

Small loss in my mind for an overall team win. No a good habit to form but in certain scenarios it's a good option.

10 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

He is going to be 30 with cap numbers of $25.1M in 2019, $25.6M in 2020 and $22.1M in 2021. I would love to have the player but I cannot trade the 12th overall pick for an aging player with that contract. 

This x100.  Don't do it.  Let Elway choke on his own vomit.

3 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

Yes but all that dead cap difference between pre-june and post-june goes to 2020 - that would mean another 12M to swallow in 2020.

I get that and the dead money definitely doesn't help but if Elway wanted to do it he would still save over $20M in cap over the two years. With so many other holes and viable pass rushers on the roster already, he may bite the bullet, not likely but possible. 

Archived