Trade for Von Miller

GWH87

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If you told me I could have Fletcher Cox on a rookie deal (essentially what Outpost is arguing) or current Von Miller, I'm taking Fletcher Cox every time.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  I'd much rather have Miller and the 10+ sacks a season for the 3 years that it took Cox to develop into the stud he is today.  Even then the chance of landing a Cox caliber player is relatively slim.  This scenerio is assuming that any player we draft at 12 is going to be an all pro.  There are 5 or 6 Danny Shelton's, Michael Brockers', Quinton Coples', Hasaan Reddick's or Derrick Barnett's for every 1 Fletcher Cox.  I'd much rather have the sure thing over a player who's probably much more likely to be a rotational player rather than an all pro.

Food for thought.  Reggie White was 2 years older than Von Miller is when we made him the 3rd highest paid player in NFL history .  While Miller surely IS NOT Reggie White, just like #92, he's the best all around edge defender in the NFL.  How many fans would not have traded a top 15 pick for that 97 Super Bowl?  We wouldn't have won it without Reggie.  Like in 93, this team isn't one edge defender away but adding that game changing edge rusher was one of the single biggest reasons we won that Super Bowl.  

Pretty obvious that a defense with Kyler Fackrell as your featured pass rusher isn't championship caliper.  

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'd argue you're overstating things as far as the rarity of Von Miller.

Justin Houston in Miller's class was close to that guy, minus drug problems.

Clowney and Mack were both that caliber of prospect. Garrett with the Browns, Bosa with the Chargers. 

It's more of an every 2 year thing.

Sorry but in the same league are not the same as being as good. Justin Houston, Clowney or Bosa are no where near the player Von Miller is, not even close. 

Mack is and the jury is still out on Garrett but not so far for him. I stand by my every 5 years comment. 

Archived