AB trade value just go up or down?

muncher

2 hours ago, August4th said:

I hope we keep brown, but if a team gives them a offer they can't refuse...

Can you give me an example of an offer like that?  From what I've heard, Brown's contract is friendly to the team that would be trading for me and he's obviously an elite player.  The main downside to Brown is that he'll be 31 years of age when next season starts.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Can you give me an example of an offer like that?  From what I've heard, Brown's contract is friendly to the team that would be trading for me and he's obviously an elite player.  The main downside to Brown is that he'll be 31 years of age when next season starts.

Me personally, 2 high round picks (one being a 1st in best case) and a starting player.  To make it a "godfather" offer that starter is a cheap high level player.

21 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm thinking multiple high round picks from 2019 and 20 + maybe a player

so something like a 1st rd pick, mid-rd pick and 2020 2nd rd pick for Brown and a mid-rd pick...I would take that if I was the steelers

I would be annoyed if they just got a 3rd round pick in return for him..which I can see happening

30 minutes ago, August4th said:

I'm thinking multiple high round picks from 2019 and 20 + maybe a player

so something like a 1st rd pick, mid-rd pick and 2020 2nd rd pick for Brown and a mid-rd pick...I would take that if I was the steelers

I would be annoyed if they just got a 3rd round pick in return for him..which I can see happening

This is an interesting case because he's an elite player at his position, but he's getting up there in age.  The Seahawks were offered a mid-second round pick by the Cowboys for Earl Thomas.  Obviously different positions, but Thomas was an elite safety when that deal was offered.  Khalil Mack got traded for two first rounders, but he had just turned 27 when he was traded for. 

I was curious because I've heard the Seahawks as a potential landing spot for some reason. 

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

The quote from Rapaport really sounds like it's a Godfather situation.  Make us an offer we can't refuse and we're listening.

I agree with both of you yeah me too I would like to keep brown but I mean let's be real if somebody were to offer us hypothetically speaking of first second and a future pic or even a first a third and a future pic I'm probably jumping all over that

39 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

Anything with the 49ers should involve Fred warner 

Fred warner + 2nd and maybe a next year pick

I think this may have been able to happen had Foster not have pooped all over his career with the 49ers. As it is, we have nothing at the linebacker corps now. I don't think you're missing much though, honestly. Warner played well, don't get me wrong, but I think he's largely just a "professional" type linebacker. He isn't really a playmaker or anything, missed a few too many tackles this year. It was a solid pick by the niners, but I envision him as largely being an average to above average off ball linebacker in his career. 

35 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

is colbert egotistical to the point he trades Brown to the Browns or other divisional foe?

No chance in hell that happens. Not unless the offer involves multiple first round picks in 2019. New England is also another team the Antonio Brown will not get traded to I would be almost willing to bet money on that.

I also think there's a very very slim chance that Antonio Brown actually gets traded to the 49ers and I say that because I think that because it's where he wants to go San Francisco would need to offer a ridiculous trade. I just don't think that the Pittsburgh Steelers are all that willing to submit to Antonio Brown the wishes. Having said that if the offer is there I do not think that the Pittsburgh Steelers would be so spiteful to turn down the offer just because that happens to be a rival or somewhere that Brown might want to play.

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

On the flip side, Brown is 'paid for' and he's got only $11mil, $12.5mil, $14mil owed.

On the flip, flip side :D, what prevents him from holding out now that all his guaranteed money is gone and he's severely underpaid for his production? I think that's a legit concern for any team acquiring him, particularly when the optics suggest that he may be a "me me me" player. I don't know that it's something that a team really thinks about when making a trade for a player or anything, but as a niners fan, it's certainly something I'm keeping in mind when I think about his contract right now. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

On the flip, flip side :D, what prevents him from holding out now that all his guaranteed money is gone and he's severely underpaid for his production? I think that's a legit concern for any team acquiring him, particularly when the optics suggest that he may be a "me me me" player. I don't know that it's something that a team really thinks about when making a trade for a player or anything, but as a niners fan, it's certainly something I'm keeping in mind when I think about his contract right now. 

While I agree with you there's going to be at least a few teams that don't care because they want the talent there is going to be somebody it's probably going to offer a ridiculous trade for Antonio Brown I really believe that I think that if the Steelers are actually willing to trade Antonio Brown I think they are potentially about to make a killing on him

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nothing really.  But some teams (like yours) can make the trade, overload a ton of up front money into the deal and go from there.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Nothing really.  But some teams (like yours) can make the trade, overload a ton of up front money into the deal and go from there.

That's why I don't really hold the potential of a demand for more money against a proposed trade for us specifically. We have no problem with giving it, so it's pretty much whatever for us. 

I still have a hard time envisioning a trade of Brown. Going to be really curious about the compensation if it goes down, though. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That's why I don't really hold the potential of a demand for more money against a proposed trade for us specifically. We have no problem with giving it, so it's pretty much whatever for us. 

I still have a hard time envisioning a trade of Brown. Going to be really curious about the compensation if it goes down, though. 

I think from my POV on your guys, Goodwin + McKinnon + 2nd + 2020 4th for Brown + 2020 6th would make me personally happy.  Outside of that it would have to be pick happy.

44 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think from my POV on your guys, Goodwin + McKinnon + 2nd + 2020 4th for Brown + 2020 6th would make me personally happy.  Outside of that it would have to be pick happy.

I'm down for that deal

Archived