AB trade value just go up or down?

muncher

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I think this may have been able to happen had Foster not have pooped all over his career with the 49ers. As it is, we have nothing at the linebacker corps now. I don't think you're missing much though, honestly. Warner played well, don't get me wrong, but I think he's largely just a "professional" type linebacker. He isn't really a playmaker or anything, missed a few too many tackles this year. It was a solid pick by the niners, but I envision him as largely being an average to above average off ball linebacker in his career. 

Good to get a 49ers fan take , even if he's that he'd be able to hold down the ILB spot on 3rd downs and be serviceable on a rookie deal would take the need away from the Steelers

You wont replace browns production so I don't want anyone like Goodwin or McKinnon, that'll eat into the cap we have to improve the roster

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

While I agree with you there's going to be at least a few teams that don't care because they want the talent there is going to be somebody it's probably going to offer a ridiculous trade for Antonio Brown I really believe that I think that if the Steelers are actually willing to trade Antonio Brown I think they are potentially about to make a killing on him

So what would be a few examples of such trades that you have in mind? I have no idea what the market would be for him,  but lets see what you and others think

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

So what would be a few examples of such trades that you have in mind? I have no idea what the market would be for him,  but lets see what you and others think

The logical mind would say a 2nd round, mid round and a player.

I believe someone is gonna give up a first, day 2 pick and either a future pick or player. Aka i believe someone is gonna 'overpay' for him to get him. Jets, Bills, Redskins, Raiders, i could see these as the types of teams to do it.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

for a top 10 NFL player, they had better get at least one 1st.

I thought so too, but he has some baggage and some say his age will also factor into a decision for what a trade offer is at.  I' waiting to see if he trades him to a divisional opponent if they infect offer the most.  The raiders have a few RD1 picks, maybe they will be of use now. Where are they playing next year though?

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

What im saying isn't im not sure thats the 'media driven expectation'. Wouldnt shock for us to get a 1st snd pair of 2nds or 2 firsts.

imagine if colbert drafts more jarvis, burns or dupree type players with what he gets for AB. I expect that if AB goes to a decent team, he will continue to put up the stats. The replacement picks need to produce, as I can expect the media to constantly bring this up as AB continues to get his stats.

Just now, August4th said:

this tbh I know cooper is younger, but I rather have a 31-33 yr old brown over a mid-20's cooper

Cooper is the playoffs helping his team win while brown was in the middle of a whole bunch of drama the passed couple seasons and quit on his team while they had a chance at the playoffs

And Cooper is ultra talented too of course brown resume speaks for itself but that Cooper has done after the trade is impressive too

19 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

Cooper is the playoffs helping his team win while brown was in the middle of a whole bunch of drama the passed couple seasons and quit on his team while they had a chance at the playoffs

And Cooper is ultra talented too of course brown resume speaks for itself but that Cooper has done after the trade is impressive too

Everything that you just said is true I think that a lot of teams honestly are going to look at the talent and then look at how poorly the rest of the team of Pittsburgh played throughout the season. There's going to be at least a few teams willing to blame the majority of this failed season on someone other than Antonio Brown. I base that opinion on pure Human Nature of wanting the talent and caring more about the talent then the drama that is just the way it goes seemingly in the NFL. People are not going to think as much about the fact that the Antonio Brown with part of a team that didn't make the playoffs as much as they're going to think about whether or not Antonio Brown can help them be a playoff team

50 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Everything that you just said is true I think that a lot of teams honestly are going to look at the talent and then look at how poorly the rest of the team of Pittsburgh played throughout the season. There's going to be at least a few teams willing to blame the majority of this failed season on someone other than Antonio Brown. I base that opinion on pure Human Nature of wanting the talent and caring more about the talent then the drama that is just the way it goes seemingly in the NFL. People are not going to think as much about the fact that the Antonio Brown with part of a team that didn't make the playoffs as much as they're going to think about whether or not Antonio Brown can help them be a playoff team

Brown should get interest because of his work ethic and production alone. When he didn't play vs the worst pass D in the bungles, he showed what the steelers will be like without him drawing the double coverages. It was actually a smart move on his part now that I see it that way, because he obviously wants out and that was his ticket and it also showed how lost the offence was without him. For come reason they went into passing mode , still refusing to run the ball to keep ben happy because the steelers are a passing team now. 

If he goes to a team with a HC that has discipline and a QB that throws to the right team, he will still be elite. Maybe he will be anyways, I don't know the QB's and OC's of all the teams but if a team is like the bills that have the worst OL that won't help much.

9 hours ago, Cbrunn said:

Cooper can't hold AB's jock strap as a WR.

Archived