2019 Playoffs

VikeManDan

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

My main point of that it's a team game. Any of the players on the field can mess up or make a play to win or lose the game.

Agreed, 100%.

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

So you are ok with putting the game info the hands of the kicker but not the 11 players on defense?

If both offensive and defensive units have to take the field I'm not sure how that's taking it out of the hands of the defense, as you said earlier, make the stop. I just want each defense to have to do it. Ideally, each team would've had an opportunity to score and prevent the other team from scoring.

In what I believe is your example (Patriots scored a TD and make XP. Chiefs score a TD and miss XP, game over.) I'm fine with that outcome as much as it sucks. Kickers are sometimes the hero and sometimes the zero and it sucks when it comes down to that aren't because the Vikings have been on the wrong side of it so many times it seems. Aren't XP's made at a 95% clip league-wide?

i just have zero sympathy for the Saints organization getting hosed by a bad officiating no-call.

when they went high and low on Favre and he threw an INT it should have been a personal foul and we retained possession of the ball. who's to say that wasn't a game changing event?

sometimes bad calls or no-calls are made. live with it.

17 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

What about in the playoffs?

I believe for the playoffs they showed that before the Pats/Chiefs game the team that got the ball first, since the rule change in 2009, was 7-1, with the 1 being the Rams, so now it would be 8-1. And I think they said it was going down and scoring the TD all of the times, but not 100% sure on that.

44 minutes ago, milanb said:

I don't know.

I kind of thought they had already gone over the top with the lawsuit to have the NFC Championship Game replayed.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jan/22/new-orleans-saints-fans-lawsuit-nfl

That's possible, but I wouldn't be surprised if some Vikings' fans had filed lawsuits after the 1975 Hail Mary Game or after the 2009 NFC Championship Game.  :D

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

That's possible, but I wouldn't be surprised if some Vikings' fans had filed lawsuits after the 1975 Hail Mary Game or after the 2009 NFC Championship Game.  :D

Wouldn't it be interesting to have the surviving players and coaches of the '75 Vikings and Cowboys duke it out again?? And the winner gets to take on the surviving players and coaches of the '75 Steelers! 

Archived