2019 Playoffs

VikeManDan

12 hours ago, swede700 said:

If the Bears lose Fangio in the offeason, they aren't going to be sniffing the SB in 2019.   They may find it difficult to even sniff the playoffs.  Fangio is a defensive wizard, like Zimmer.   

The Bears have several coaches that will be attractive in the off season.

In 2019 the Bears could catch a wave. They are a team that rides emotion.

10 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

I'm rooting for the Chiefs, Chargers and Colts. None of the NFC teams really interest me but if I had to choose I would probably root for the Rams. 

I can't root for the Rams.  Something irritates me about McVay...not to the level of Sean Payton, but I sort of get that vibe from him.  

30 minutes ago, Viking734 said:

I'd like to see the LA Chargers in the SB, however I think it will be NE Pats vs NO Saints. Got to prove they can be beaten, before I can count NE out. They always have it together during playoff time.

Ugh!  I don't think I could watch that game!  I hate both head coaches and couldn't stomach either holding another Lombardi.

8 hours ago, Buddyboy said:

The Bears have several coaches that will be attractive in the off season.

In 2019 the Bears could catch a wave. They are a team that rides emotion.

Haven't they kind of caught a wave this year? Expectations will be higher, schedule will be tougher (in theory). I don't think anyone, aside from extreme homers and maybe the Bears locker room could've expected 12-4.

Their defense should still be a top unit but I'm expecting less turnovers from them next year.

35 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Ugh!  I don't think I could watch that game!  I hate both head coaches and couldn't stomach either holding another Lombardi.

I don't think I'd bother watching it...much like I really didn't pay all that close of attention to the Eagles-Patriots Super Bowl last year.  I seem to find, as I'm getting older, that I'm paying less and less attention to any games that don't involve the Vikings, period.  I think the Chiefs-Seahawks game I watched a couple of weeks ago was the first non-Vikings game I've watched from start to finish in probably 3 years.  And that's even spilling over to the Super Bowls...the last intriguing Super Bowl to me (at least the one that I really paid attention to while it was on, was probably the Broncos-Panthers 3 years ago.  The last 2 haven't really captured my attention...maybe because it included the Patriots in both of them (that's quite possible), but maybe also because the other teams involved didn't capture my attention either...or maybe I'm just getting too old.  xD

53 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Haven't they kind of caught a wave this year? Expectations will be higher, schedule will be tougher (in theory). I don't think anyone, aside from extreme homers and maybe the Bears locker room could've expected 12-4.

Their defense should still be a top unit but I'm expecting less turnovers from them next year.

This Bears team reminds me of the Lovie Smith,  Grossman, Urlacher SB team. 2019 looks better for the current squad.

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

So, you go from Sexy Rexy to Mitch the **tch? ;)

Odd as it may seem, check the QB ratings for George Blanda, particularly 1956, Bill Wade, 1963, Jim McMahon, 1985 and Rex Grossman, 2006. Similar enough. All four Bears teams were heavy D, offense mostly run, ST+. All four QBs were limited to spot passing. Trubisky is too. 

7 hours ago, swede700 said:

I can't root for the Rams.  Something irritates me about McVay...not to the level of Sean Payton, but I sort of get that vibe from him.  

No i get it. I was so annoyed with them at the beginning of the year. But I'm not a huge fan of the Cowboys, Saints or Seahawks. I like the Eagles but can't stand their fans. And I can't root for the Bears to win it. Something about Trubisky just drives me nuts. 

Archived