2019 Playoffs

VikeManDan

Broadly, it’s Eagles vs. Bears on Sunday. More narrowly, it’s Nick vs. Vic. Foles vs. Fangio. Quarterback vs. defensive coordinator. And they have a history. Twice before, Foles has faced a Fangio defense. Both times, it didn’t go well for the quarterback.

The first meeting came in 2014, with Foles quarterbacking the Eagles and Fangio running the 49ers defense. The final score, 26-21, suggests that Foles and company were able to score some point. But the three touchdowns came from a blocked punt recovered in the end zone, an interception return for a touchdown, and a punt return for a touchdown. Foles in that game completed 21 of 43 passes (48.8 percent) for 195 yards (4.53 yards per attempt), no touchdowns, and two interceptions. Passer rating: 42.3.

The next year, with Foles on the Rams and Fangio running the Chicago defense, the Bears won 37-13. Foles completed 17 of 36 (47.2 percent) for 200 yards (5.55 yards per attempt), no touchdowns, one interception, and a passer rating of 53.0.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/06/can-nick-foles-solve-vic-fangios-defense/

The Chargers/Ravens game is starting, and of course we have to look at Ray Lewis again. Ugh. A hundred times, ugh. ¬¬

Willie Snead, a guy I do like, makes a nice play ... I just wish he was playing for a team that was remotely appealing or sympathetic. First the Saints, now the Ravens. Guy can't catch a break.

4 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I don’t understand wanting a division rival to advance in the playoffs. To me it was lesser of two evils tonight (Eagles) but to each their own. 

For me, once the Vikings are out, they aren’t rivals because we aren’t competing anymore, and I’d rather see a “local” team win. More titles for the NFCN makes us all look good.

also just screw Philly

Archived