2019 Playoffs

VikeManDan

2 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Bears fans have heart broken by kicker? Check.

Eagles season ends with heartbreaking mistake? Check.

Chiefs beat and retire Brady/Belichick? TBD.

Rams beat & retire Brees? TBD.

Chiefs beat Rams? TBD.

Perfect non-Vikings playoff

The hate is strong in this one !

On 1/6/2019 at 8:00 PM, vikingsrule said:

I guess I don't understand the anti Philly sentiment. They whooped us fairly in the playoffs. I'd rather a rival suffer a devastating loss than some team who beat us last year. I can understand the hatred (seems petty now since it was 9 years ago) for the Saints since they cheated but the Eagles won fair and square.

I don't have anything against the Eagles as a team.  I just lost a TON of respect for a lot of the fans in Philadelphia after their behavior last year.

It's a similar situation with the Saints.  I like Drew Brees - he seems like a good guy.  I like their fans and their city.  I just cannot stand their head coach.  

Today was a no-lose situation for me with their game.  I was glad when the Eagles were bounced from the playoffs, and I feel fairly confident that Sean Payton will be given his walking papers from the postseason when the Saints travel to LA to play the Rams.  I think the AFC will win this year's Super Bowl, whether it is the Chiefs or the Patriots.  If the Saints get that far and find a way to win it all, I guess I have the small consolation that Brees finally gets to cap his Hall of Fame career with his first "legitimate" championship. 

What's that they say about defence winning championships? Of the four remaining teams, the Saints defence was statistically the best at 14th in the NFL during the regular season. Kansas City was 31st.

I like the Rams' chances right now, as they have the game's best DT in Aaron Donald. If you can get pressure on Drew Brees (or Tom Brady) up the middle they become very ordinary very quickly.

But other than that the four remaining teams are pretty close, and any one of them can win it all, I think.

16 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Yup. This is an offense first league. I don't see the Vikings winning at a consistent level until they realize that. And execute successfully in fixing the line and TE. 

The NFL is cyclical. This year happens to have the top offenses vying for the Super Bowl, last year it was the top defenses. 

Also, why do people continue to act like Rudolph is a problem? In the last 4 seasons Rudolph is the only TE in the league to play in all 64 games, plus playoffs. He’s got the 3rd most catches among TEs, 3rd most touchdowns, and 8th most yards. 

If the objective is to cut costs, Rudolph may be a casualty. But if you think a rookie TE is going to come in and easily match or exceed Rudolph’s production, you’re fooling yourself. 

Rudolph definitely isn’t a problem, but he’s not a solution or overly valuable piece at this point in time either. We’ve got to face tha, while Cousins is around, we are a cap team. He offers little versatility at the position, isn’t a threat to stretch the field down the seams or after the catch. He’s simply paid too much for his role on the team. He’s at best the fourth option here, and his cap dollars could be spent retaining other players or upgrading elsewhere. 

I truly don’t think there’d be much of a drop off if David Morgan got his snaps. 

36 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Rudolph definitely isn’t a problem, but he’s not a solution or overly valuable piece at this point in time either. We’ve got to face tha, while Cousins is around, we are a cap team. He offers little versatility at the position, isn’t a threat to stretch the field down the seams or after the catch. He’s simply paid too much for his role on the team. He’s at best the fourth option here, and his cap dollars could be spent retaining other players or upgrading elsewhere. 

I truly don’t think there’d be much of a drop off if David Morgan got his snaps. 

Agreed. With ~$20M/year tied up with Diggs and Thielen, it just doesn't make sense to spend so much on a TE. Especially when he isn't a true threat.  The dropoff from Rudolph to a rookie or Morgan is not that big.

10 hours ago, RpMc said:

If anything, you may end up getting more out of Morgan given his ability to block.

23 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Why cut Rudolph instead of trading him?

Sure, if is comes to cutting him they can try to trade him first. They might have trouble finding a team willing to take on his current contract especially if they suspect he might be free later in the offseason.

Archived