Charges Against Reuben Foster Dropped

MKnight82

While I don't want any positive media for Bruce and Company,why are the major talking heads not apologizing after they Killed us for claiming him and not talking to police but we said we did our own investigating.

49 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

While I don't want any positive media for Bruce and Company,why are the major talking heads not apologizing after they Killed us for claiming him and not talking to police but we said we did our own investigating.

Don’t hold your breath.

Not only will they not apologize for condemning the Redskins (and him), they’ll continue to treat him as if he’s been proven guilty. Multiple times. Because they’d already convicted him in their minds. Which, it turns out, is the problem with reaching firm conclusions when you’ve only heard one side of a story. His reputation has been destroyed forever, regardless of what actually happened between the two of them.

Meanwhile, the Redskins just got a 24-year-old heat seeking missile of an ILB for nothing and will be paying him pennies. He played like a Pro Bowler as a rookie before spending the last year going through personal hell. They took a big gamble on him, one even I probably wouldn’t have been comfortable with taking at the time — but it appears to have paid off (so far). They do a lot wrong, but this appears to be one of the times where they may have gotten it right. 

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Don’t hold your breath.

Not only will they not apologize for condemning the Redskins (and him), they’ll continue to treat him as if he’s been proven guilty. Multiple times. Because they’d already convicted him in their minds. Which, it turns out, is the problem with reaching firm conclusions when you’ve only heard one side of a story. His reputation has been destroyed forever, regardless of what actually happened between the two of them.

Meanwhile, the Redskins just got a 24-year-old heat seeking missile of an ILB for nothing and will be paying him pennies. He played like a Pro Bowler as a rookie before spending the last year going through personal hell. They took a big gamble on him, one even I probably wouldn’t have been comfortable with taking at the time — but it appears to have paid off (so far). They do a lot wrong, but this appears to be one of the times where they may have gotten it right. 

I have a couple of points to add:

1.  Domestic violence charges get dropped all of the time.  Its hard to prove and hard to convict.  I'm not saying Foster is either guilty or innocent, but simply saying he's innocent because the charges were dropped isn't really a strong validation in my mind.  

2.  He was still considered to be such a headache that a rebuilding team cut him two years after taking him with a first round pick.  

3.  This was not his first incident where he was accused of domestic violence.  

4.  He didn't play at the same level in year 2 as he did his rookie year.  

5.  Sounds like he needs shoulder surgery, not exactly a great surgery for a guy that hits people for a living.  

We may be able to look back at this move and say, hey that was a great pickup, but today is not that day.  Too many outstanding issues at this time.  I need to see him out on the field making plays before I can say this was a good move.  

54 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I have a couple of points to add:

1.  Domestic violence charges get dropped all of the time.  Its hard to prove and hard to convict.  I'm not saying Foster is either guilty or innocent, but simply saying he's innocent because the charges were dropped isn't really a strong validation in my mind.  

2.  He was still considered to be such a headache that a rebuilding team cut him two years after taking him with a first round pick.  

3.  This was not his first incident where he was accused of domestic violence.  

4.  He didn't play at the same level in year 2 as he did his rookie year.  

5.  Sounds like he needs shoulder surgery, not exactly a great surgery for a guy that hits people for a living.  

We may be able to look back at this move and say, hey that was a great pickup, but today is not that day.  Too many outstanding issues at this time.  I need to see him out on the field making plays before I can say this was a good move.  

Your first statement is whats wrong with the USA. The people in charged of making the decision to find out if he's Innocent or Guilty found him Innocent and you still aren't satisfied. There's no video showing him assaulting her. Her story changed Mutiple times. This is the same Woman who got him in trouble the 1st time. It's like He won't get a break because of the World he lives in Not because he was found Not Guilty. Yet Big Ben can settle with 2 Rape Victims and be welcomed with open arms by so many. Public Opinion shouldn't get him suspended and In my opinion it should be a way he could get some money back due to her Not Proven/False claims. 

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Your first statement is whats wrong with the USA. The people in charged of making the decision to find out if he's Innocent or Guilty found him Innocent and you still aren't satisfied. There's no video showing him assaulting her. Her story changed Mutiple times. This is the same Woman who got him in trouble the 1st time. It's like He won't get a break because of the World he lives in Not because he was found Not Guilty. Yet Big Ben can settle with 2 Rape Victims and be welcomed with open arms by so many. Public Opinion shouldn't get him suspended and In my opinion it should be a way he could get some money back due to her Not Proven/False claims. 

Literally 6 minutes after I just posted to keep it about what it does for the team and not about the alleged incident? Really?

28 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Fine, we can disagree on my first point, but you skipped points 2-5.  

46 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Guys, so far so good. But let's tread lightly and focus on what this does for the team in terms of play on the field.

I mean, they potentially get a talented player, but one who has a checkered past besides the domestic violence claims.  The tainted sample at the combine, being kicked out of the combine, drug charges and being involved in a night club shooting.  There are plenty of reasons besides domestic violence not to want this guy on the roster.  The combine things are football related, but combine it with the rest, he's a headache that they shouldn't be putting up with.  

And he also had injury concerns heading into the draft, like Jonathan Allen did, that played a part in his dropping down the ranks.  Unlike Allen, Foster hasn't had a clean bill of health and has the lingering shoulder issues, whereas Allen hasn't had any issues with his tendonitis flaring up.  

3 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Literally 6 minutes after I just posted to keep it about what it does for the team and not about the alleged incident? Really?

Locked the Thread if it's needed. I'm gonna write my opinion just like everyone else. The comment I replied to wasn't about his on the field play, but you single me out. To my point though, Him being cleard of all charges should allow him to return to football without any suspension or fine. Once again the league has a QB playing who settled on Rape charges outside of court, yet nothing happen to him. So why should anything happen to Foster? 

Archived