Charges Against Reuben Foster Dropped

MKnight82

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Fine, we can disagree on my first point, but you skipped points 2-5.  

This is the same girl who accused him in the past, she could've been trying to be malicious. He was cut after his second incident, witch turned out to be a False claim or we can say thrown out. How doesn't a person deserve a Job after the Court found them Not Guilty? I know he younger and possibly more Talented than both Foster and Brown. If he was to need shoulder surgery, It's the perfect time to have it in the offseason. Witch we are in now. 

9 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Locked the Thread if it's needed. I'm gonna write my opinion just like everyone else. The comment I replied to wasn't about his on the field play, but you single me out. To my point though, Him being cleard of all charges should allow him to return to football without any suspension or fine. Once again the league has a QB playing who settled on Rape charges outside of court, yet nothing happen to him. So why should anything happen to Foster? 

Well they've suspended people for just having allegations before.  But he's technically already been suspended for the remainder of this season so I wonder if they'll just consider him already punished.  

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Well they've suspended people for just having allegations before.  But he's technically already been suspended for the remainder of this season so I wonder if they'll just consider him already punished.  

IMO there shouldn't be any reason why the league is allowed to punish him anymore unless he does something else. He's already paid his due for this situation. 

@Skins212689 please don’t get this thread locked. 

Simply put, Rueben Foster has checked off one box to potentially return to playing football and potentially donning a Redskins Uniform. He still has quite a few boxes to check off.

The implications if he were to be able to check the rest of those boxes off: ILB can move down the “needs list”.

11 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

@Skins212689 please don’t get this thread locked. 

Simply put, Rueben Foster has checked off one box to potentially return to playing football and potentially donning a Redskins Uniform. He still has quite a few boxes to check off.

The implications if he were to be able to check the rest of those boxes off: ILB can move down the “needs list”.

This is what I would like to happen for him as well. 

Reuben Foster pre-draft scouting report weaknesses: 

Walter Football 

• Instincts are consistent
  • Has some off-the-field concerns
  • Will require some off-the-field maintenance
  • Injury issues early in his career
  • Had shoulder surgery in 2017
  • One-year wonder
  • Struggled with the mental side of the game for years

If you look at many other scouting reports, they are the same- poor technique leading to early injury issues, including shoulder stingers, ultimately resulting in the 2017 shoulder surgery which may need to be done again.  

The mental side is confirmed by how he reacted to his bad sample at the combine, and how he has continually put himself into bad situations with the woman he is/was/still dating.  

He also had a two game suspension this year for being arrested multiple times in the off-season, once for marijuana in January and then another weapons charge in February.  

Trouble just follows this guy around.  None of the Alabama guys vouched for him coming on board to the team when this was first announced.  I just don't understand why we didn't walk away.  He's bound to be in trouble with something else within the calendar year, or hurt his shoulder again.  

•  

And look, I know we are supposed to keep the discussion related to "on the field" stuff, but really, if this guy can't stay healthy, and keeps getting caught up in all sorts of illegal things and suspended by the NFL, that's directly related to him not being on the field, and therefore, of no good use to the Redskins.  

One thing Foster should do is get in front of the local cameras and give a statement to the Redskins fans.  It may mean everything, it may mean nothing, but it should happen as a gesture of good faith to the fans who don't support him being on the roster.  

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Locked the Thread if it's needed. I'm gonna write my opinion just like everyone else. The comment I replied to wasn't about his on the field play, but you single me out. To my point though, Him being cleard of all charges should allow him to return to football without any suspension or fine. Once again the league has a QB playing who settled on Rape charges outside of court, yet nothing happen to him. So why should anything happen to Foster? 

This is a warning

Locked.

Look. You guys know the deal by now. You can reference the incident but only in how it affects the team in his ability to play ball.

For a good example, @naptownskinsfan has been perfect in this regard in this discussion.

Guys...please do NOT go down the path of talking about the specifics of the incident... and if people lied, or not... and also start talking about other NON-FOOTBALL incidents that have happened with players...blah blah blah...

That type of discussion is not appropriate for this forum.

And when we ask you to stop, the absolute wrong move is to just go ahead and ignore us and do it anyway.

@Woz and I run a light ship. You guys have a lot of leeway to discuss things (even nonfootball stuff). 

But when we ask you guys to stop delving deeper, its for a very good reason. And that reason is that turning this football forum into a political/legal cesspool is bad for business.

Trust me, if we were at a bar right now, I'd enjoy the discussion. But this isnt my or @Woz's site. Its not yours. Its Webby's and we play by his rules. And when you dont, we hear it from the big man.

Archived