2019 Free Agent Prospects

CBrownsman

2 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

The average of those contracts would be like 50 mil a piece lol

I know, if only we had a crap ton of cap space. Oh wait, see what I did there? 

Would it cost a lot sure but i got 2 things to say to that. 1st we have a lot of cap space and NFL contracts aren't guaranteed so we could sort it out later if cap space becomes a problem. 2nd we would be SB bound with that team imo so totally worth it. 

1 minute ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I know, if only we had a crap ton of cap space. Oh wait, see what I did there? 

Would it cost a lot sure but i got 2 things to say to that. 1st we have a lot of cap space and NFL contracts aren't guaranteed so we could sort it out later if cap space becomes a problem. 2nd we would be SB bound with that team imo so totally worth it. 

There's no way. If we sign TWO of those guys I would be ecstatic

Whatever we do we have to have enough money to keep Baker, Garret and Ward when their contracts come up. They are the cornerstones at really important positions that this team needs to be built around. If we could also keep Chubb that would be nice but I think he is going to be inline for a contract that is to big for a RB and Dorsey will just draft another one

3 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

There's no way. If we sign TWO of those guys I would be ecstatic

Not sure if any two of those guys will be the big FA signings but I think we will pick up 2-3 strong FA adds.

Remember: Depodesta is keeping an eye on the cap.

5 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Whatever we do we have to have enough money to keep Baker, Garret and Ward when their contracts come up.

Remember: Depodesta is keeping an eye on the cap.

No worries.

2 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Brandon Graham had 31 hurries.  He also had 21 run stops in only 209 snaps in run defense...

But you are correct, all hail the mighty sack number...

He’s a GREAT run defender. We need sacks. We already have a guy that may set a career hurry record. Get me a guy that will get home please.

4 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

He’s a GREAT run defender. We need sacks. We already have a guy that may set a career hurry record. Get me a guy that will get home please.

If you look at our defense we need inside presence ( pocket pusher ) more then outside presence. Ogbah on early downs and Genard Avery on passing downs are just fine. It’s Coley that’s herpes. We need someone like Grady Jarrett next to Ogunjobi. 

9 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I understand but getting a double digit sack guy is the second most expensive thing in football.  Instead if you get productive players who can put pressure on the QB on the edge, and get a better pass rushing DT up the middle, you will see much more sack productivity out of your edge rushers.

I have a feeling we have the guys we are looking for in Myles Garrett and Genard Avery for pure pass rushing.  I think we need more depth to the rotation, and possibly someone who can be the veteran leader of the DL group.  Especially for how productive Avery was his rookie season and how good he looked rushing from the right side.  His rookie year going from MLB in college to a DE/OLB in the nfl and getting 14 QB hits and 4.5 sacks?!?! GIve him another year and I think you will start to see the guy you are looking for...

You get the guy up the middle who can pressure the QB back into the DE's coming around the edge and we will absolutely get the sack numbers we need.

9 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

If you look at our defense we need inside presence ( pocket pusher ) more then outside presence. Ogbah on early downs and Genard Avery on passing downs are just fine. It’s Coley that’s herpes. We need someone like Grady Jarrett next to Ogunjobi. 

Exactly, thank you Bosko, you posted this while in a much more effective way while I was typing...

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Also I said it before but I want Shelton back. He’s going to be a lot cheaper than his option would have been. He could be a rotational DT to help us with the run. 

Bobbie Wagner would be a great signing too. He’s got one of the lowest missed tackle rates in the league. We need guys who can actually tackle. 

4 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

I love Wagner but he prob gets franchised. He’s to important to thatbteam 

Bobby Wagner is not a free agent this season. His contract runs through 2019. If you want a Seattle linebacker in free agency his name would be K.J. Wright.

The defensive end I want to sign is David Irving for a multitude of reasons.

1. He has the most freakish skill set of any football player to hit free agency since Mario Williams in 2012 or Julius Peppers in 2010.

2. He will be extremely cheap in comparison to said free agent freaks due to his off field issues

3. He is incredibly young for his talent level hitting free agency. He will still only be 25 when the season starts.

4. Every time I watched Dallas last season David Irving was owning offensive lineman like I haven't see since Reggie White. I'm dead serious. The great pass rushers today are mostly explosive and speed to get around the OT. Not many guys man handle Olineman and toss them around to create their sacks on a regular basis. David Irving has that ability.

5. The first guy to give him a chance in the NFL? John Dorsey, who we all know is not afraid to take a risk, signed him as and UDFA and to the practice squad before Dallas poached him midseason.

6. He is the perfect complement in playing style to Myles Garrett. I also know he is listed as a DT but if you watch Dallas games he was lined up on the edge more often than inside and he can flat out make plays from anywhere.

6'7 1/2  283 pound with a 38" vertical 10'8" broad jump and 1.69 split. Better numbers physically than Clowney with 20 extra pounds. His testing numbers are only rivaled by Mario Williams and J.J. Watt on a pound for pound basis.

He would be cheap enough to sign that it shouldn't deter us from drafting another DE if they are BPA giving us Garrett, Irving, Ogbah, Rookie and Smith as a retard deep DE group and easily the most physically gifted duo of pass rushers in the NFL if not the entire history of the NFL, and if Irving screws up off the field we still have Ogbah and a rookie draft pick.

In terms of in-house free agent's, I think we should re-sign JC Tretter. Doing so now would grant us a cost savings instead of waiting until the market value pressure during his walk year. He's tough as nails and is really solid.

I know people believe that we should just plug and play Austin Corbett, but I don't think Corbett has anything to do with JC right now as we can't afford to lose a solid lineman.

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

In terms of in-house free agent's, I think we should re-sign JC Tretter. Doing so now would grant us a cost savings instead of waiting until the market value pressure during his walk year. He's tough as nails and is really solid.

I know people believe that we should just plug and play Austin Corbett, but I don't think Corbett has anything to do with JC right now as we can't afford to lose a solid lineman.

Cutting would be idiotic. Hoard olinemen, one bad linemen can ruin the season. The Cam Erving  affect. 

We should listen for trades though, I'd take a 3rd or a 4th for JC, same for Corbet. 

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@TheeRealDeal Irving could be a great get, his inside/outside versatility is rare, he could legit start at either end or tackle.

He and a high pick at DT and a later pick as a DPR and our DL is set.  We’d also prolly only need to carry 3 DT’s as Smith, Ogbah, and Irving have all shown an ability to play inside.

Isn't Irving 1 suspension away from a year long ban? Didnt we just wash ourselves of this? We should say away from that.

I think I'd stay away from Clowney. As talented as he is, his effort level is pretty inconsistent and he's had injury problems in the past. Just not worth the money it would take to sign him, IMO. I'd much rather sign Clark or Lawrence, although I really doubt either team lets them go.

Archived